• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Mason-Bentaleb Partnership

Erm, you win games by scoring ring a bell? Once he went off we stayed poor defensively, yes I agree, but then dropped like a stone in attack.

Everything goes through himm. if Kane gets injured we're f@cked, if Mason gets injured oh dear, book the next 3 months off work. We look soo disjointed without him even when he's playing badly!!!!!!

Their winner was all on Bentaleb. Why is he moving towards Rose's man and letting Lallana run into acres of space?

I don't think Davies would've handled Ibe very well either, he's not looked comfortable against quick, direct wide players.

Their winner was all on Bentaleb. Why is he moving towards Rose's man and letting Lallana run into acres of space?

Bit of that, bit of Chadli ball watching and maybe poor positioning by Verts in not cutting out the cross?

Regardless as to what side they came from they were all poor goals to give away.

Top four a possibility? On the evidence of the previous 14 games yes, on today no way, gave it awayway too much and had no plan B.

Anyway top 4 is the last of our worries, we have a cup final in 19 days time, we play like that today or have Mason out then we'll have no chance of winning it.

tonight showed why this thread is a little embarassing... Not only did mason prove why I've always thought. But even bentaleb had a really poor game. He's so young, clearly going to be class, but he has off games pretty regularly, which is to be expected. But this isn't a top 4 partnership!

Bentaleb was way worse than Mason tonight.

I think we were a bit burnt out after Arsenal (same as the Palace match after Chelsea) and we could have done with Stambouli in there for the final half hour

But compare tonight with our last 3 matches against Liverpool. Mason and Bentaleb more than held their own against an excellent and really dense Liverpool midfield.

I wouldn't swap them for any other CM pairing in the league at the moment.

Mason was awful tonight.

Poch should have made changes - the mistakes we were making were due to exhaustion. Chadli, stambouli should have started for sure

Very young players who have given their all and played a ton of matches.

It was an off day for both, on a pitch that was fudging awful, and even so, Pool played like the away side.

Really after Chea$ki/Scum and the run we had, people want to have a go at our players .. shame

I did mention it in the match thread but Masons foot swelled up big time after the arsenal game and was a doubt for tonight so not surprising he was off par. Possibly should have been left out tonight but may be we couldn't afford to do so only Poch knows. He won't be playing next week though afaik.

Mason was awful tonight.

Poch should have made changes - the mistakes we were making were due to exhaustion. Chadli, stambouli should have started for sure

Stambouli was not in the squad tonight, no matter how many people on this board believe him to have been. And Chadli wouldn't have changed the fact that Mason and Bentelab were poor and possibly tired tonight.

I did mention it in the match thread but Masons foot swelled up big time after the arsenal game and was a doubt for tonight so not surprising he was off par. Possibly should have been left out tonight but may be we couldn't afford to do so only Poch knows. He won't be playing next week though afaik.

Stambouli must have picked up a late and more serious knock then surely?

Possible Stambouli picked up a knock. I thought he'd be left out tonight I must admit after speaking to his dad this afternoon.

I thought Mason was great tonight. Hep is passing was far far better than the likes of gerrards and Hendersons

Bentelab had a really wayward game though but settled better in the second half

And Rose wasn't great st but Davies wouldn't have got near Ibe tonight IMO

Back