• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

The league is really about the positions beneath City now for me and will be for the foreseeable future I would think. City have almost made themselves an irrelevance as a result of their colossal spend.
While I do admire Guardiola as a coach, city as a team are not really achieving anything notable in my mind and are barely part of the league in any competitive sense. What is the point of that?

Last edited:
Agreed, they aren't playing the same league as us, they are buying a trophy, whoopee-doo.

Cheatski also bought some trophies a few years ago, but I don't remember really, it is irrelevant.

The rest of us are all fighting it out.

It is like entering the Tour de France on an electric bike and finishing an hour ahead of the rest... well done Pep!!!!

Agreed, they aren't playing the same league as us, they are buying a trophy, whoopee-doo.

Cheatski also bought some trophies a few years ago, but I don't remember really, it is irrelevant.

The rest of us are all fighting it out.

It is like entering the Tour de France on an electric bike and finishing an hour ahead of the rest... well done Pep!!!!

The two clubs, Chelsea and City records are so similar after the introduction of mega wealth. FFP should be revamped and vigorously enforced.

Ha ha, that’s hilarious.

Ultimately, for the money they have spent and the coaching team they have assembled, it’s the bare minimum.

The story of their season for me, is, Pep blows the Champions League again.

Is it the most hollow first division victory there’s ever been? Certainly seems that way to me, when you spend what they have (on top of the 10 years spending already there) it’s the absolute minimum requirement to win the league. I’d go as far to say that the exit and manner of the exit, from the CL makes it another below par season.

City are a fantastic team, of course they are, but they ought to be! That’s the thing and that’s why you get scenes like posted above, it’s just expected to win when you dope like that in comparison to the rest of the world (barring 3 or 4 teams). Same as PSG.

Is it the most hollow first division victory there’s ever been? Certainly seems that way to me, when you spend what they have (on top of the 10 years spending already there) it’s the absolute minimum requirement to win the league. I’d go as far to say that the exit and manner of the exit, from the CL makes it another below par season.

City are a fantastic team, of course they are, but they ought to be! That’s the thing and that’s why you get scenes like posted above, it’s just expected to win when you dope like that in comparison to the rest of the world (barring 3 or 4 teams). Same as PSG.

Yeh thats how I see it 100%.

There are many factors in the game that attribute to losing games refs are not alone in it. Just ask Pardew

That's Glaswigen maths at its finest
Math isn't my strong suit and I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, so purely in a friendly way is it wrong?

And on a totally different topic, bit of a bugbear of mine, it's not math, it's arithmetic

Did they not just post figures saying £6m for this year?
Or have I got it wrong againo_O

Yes, you are right. He got c £6m for last year, more or less doubling his previous salary. The £6m apparently included bonuses and backdated pay rises, so is probably not his actual salary for this year.

Back