• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Easy to laugh at in a time when most people in britain live in good housing and expect to have the lastest technology and food on the table, wont be so funny when you're not needed anymore as a workforce or consumer and become a drain on society.

1) I'm of an age where my great-grand parents fought in WW1 and grand parents fought in the WW2.
2) My parents were subject to national service.
3) I was born in the decade following WW2.
3) I grew up with buildings pock marked with the consequences of global conflict.
4) My childhood memories are of frost on the inside of the bedroom window.

Despite all of the above, I try not to be bitter about my kids having central heating and being the first in the family line to have attended university, in a largely peaceful world. A world that is waking up to the fact that maybe we all need to pull together. I continue to be part of the workforce but when that comes to its inevitable conclusion, I will continue to be a consumer and like to think that the contribution to/drain on society equation of my life will retain positive values and, most importantly, I will retain a sense of humour.

But lets not judge eh ?................

1) I'm of an age where my great-grand parents fought in WW1 and grand parents fought in the WW2.
2) My parents were subject to national service.
3) I was born in the decade following WW2.
3) I grew up with buildings pock marked with the consequences of global conflict.
4) My childhood memories are of frost on the inside of the bedroom window.

Despite all of the above, I try not to be bitter about my kids having central heating and being the first in the family line to have attended university, in a largely peaceful world. A world that is waking up to the fact that maybe we all need to pull together. I continue to be part of the workforce but when that comes to its inevitable conclusion, I will continue to be a consumer and like to think that the contribution to/drain on society equation of my life will retain positive values and, most importantly, I will retain a sense of humour.

But lets not judge eh ?................
You're clearly one of those lucky ones that the world doesn't owe anything to.

What you don't understand or prefer to ignore is that people take so much for granted and don't appreciate how hard it was for most working people, if I'm bitter about anything it's that my kids and grandkids live in a time when it's even harder to improve your lot despite having a better education and more cormfortable start than most of my generation. I'm sure our dear Queen feels the same.

What you don't understand or prefer to ignore is that people take so much for granted and don't appreciate how hard it was for most working people, if I'm bitter about anything it's that my kids and grandkids live in a time when it's even harder to improve your lot despite having a better education and more cormfortable start than most of my generation. I'm sure our dear Queen feels the same.
It's only harder because everyone else has a betterer education

What constitutes 'improving your lot' ?

Oh ok.

If your busy. Just trying to understand your viewpoint?

That would only be my aspirations, I would hope most people would consider having good health care for their family, job security, decent housing and being safe from harm as basic, obviously some people would want other things. I know and have seen many people who don't have those basics despite doing the best they can, I know I should think fudge them it's a market economy and they are just the losers but I have this streak of humanity which gets in the way.

That would only be my aspirations, I would hope most people would consider having good health care for their family, job security, decent housing and being safe from harm as basic, obviously some people would want other things. I know and have seen many people who don't have those basics despite doing the best they can, I know I should think fudge them it's a market economy and they are just the losers but I have this streak of humanity which gets in the way.
What did you mean that it's harder for your kids and grandkids to improve their lot in these current times?
And you were bitter about it?.

Scarathink:D

What did you mean that it's harder for your kids and grandkids to improve their lot in these current times?
And you were bitter about it?.

I think it's harder to improve their financial position as costs rise faster than salaries, at present none of them are as well placed as I was at their age despite them either owning their own business and managerial jobs, health wise they have all had problems getting either timely or the right treatment from the NHS, and like everyone else our personal safety is a greater risk due to our slavish service to the USA and their "overseas policies". I am bitter about them not having the same virtually carefree life I've had, particularly as "we" smashed the unions who where holding back the country and would be taking a great step forward in a free market economy.

I'm one of the lucky ones but can still remember how hard it was for my parents and the terrible conditions housing was in post war britain and fail to see the humour of a bunch of middle class uni graduates taking the tinkle of how hard things were in the past for working people, if they were doing sketches like that about ethnic groups it would be considered racist.

Life has always been tough, the scale moves down the line but does not take away from fact that....life is hard

Back