• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

So each seat at WHL yielded more than twice as much as seats at the Olympic stadium over the season.

That's the problem with going for a stadium that is too big for the club. You have to discount tickets to fill the stadium and once people can get tickets for the games they want they will no longer shell out for a season ticket. Sunderland had this problem. West Ham may find their season ticket numbers declining unless they put on performances that get the fans excited.

Instead they seem to be doing everything to turn fans away: non-investment in the team, with thinly veiled stunt transfer targets, lack of security that will keep families away, etc. The stadium was an opportunity to bring in new fans, getting more young people attending than at other London clubs. The persistent crowd trouble will do the opposite.

They did it wrong, should have kept the same home allocation as they used to have and sold an increased amount of away tickets, had they billed it as a way of seeing your team in the OS or advertised it as a way of seeing particular players in London (Zlatan, Aguero etc) at a reasonable ticket price they may have found it easier to fill.

They did it wrong, should have kept the same home allocation as they used to have and sold an increased amount of away tickets, had they billed it as a way of seeing your team in the OS or advertised it as a way of seeing particular players in London (Zlatan, Aguero etc) at a reasonable ticket price they may have found it easier to fill.

A neutral section, like Fulham. Lovely and demeaning

However - they are spending near fudge all in running costs (I think!) so should be net better off.

Though, amazing to think - with 20k+ extra they arent really pulling in much more cash.

I guess match day income would also include food and drink which I believe most of that goes to the Stadium operating company. So they’d have lost on that. Will be interesting to see our match day income in our new ground.

While this thread has been bumped, I wonder if there's any good stadium stories recently, seems like the dust has settled. Are their hardcore fans now happy enough, considering the football on the pitch has improved?

While this thread has been bumped, I wonder if there's any good stadium stories recently, seems like the dust has settled. Are their hardcore fans now happy enough, considering the football on the pitch has improved?

When I was a kid I was happy living in a house without a bath, an outside toilet, no central heating or windows that fitted, you can get use to anything in time.

Easy to laugh at in a time when most people in britain live in good housing and expect to have the lastest technology and food on the table, wont be so funny when you're not needed anymore as a workforce or consumer and become a drain on society.
It will be for those of us who are needed as a workforce and consumers and are not a drain on society.

It will be for those of us who are needed as a workforce and consumers and are not a drain on society.

I'm one of the lucky ones but can still remember how hard it was for my parents and the terrible conditions housing was in post war britain and fail to see the humour of a bunch of middle class uni graduates taking the tinkle of how hard things were in the past for working people, if they were doing sketches like that about ethnic groups it would be considered racist.

I'm one of the lucky ones but can still remember how hard it was for my parents and the terrible conditions housing was in post war britain and fail to see the humour of a bunch of middle class uni graduates taking the tinkle of how hard things were in the past for working people, if they were doing sketches like that about ethnic groups it would be considered racist.
It's OK to be classist though because the working classes make us all feel a bit ick

Back