• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Re: O/T West Ham Named Olympic Stadium Preferred Bidders

LOL. And the point of your reply to what I wrote is?!

They still won't fill it even with the new homes. Arsenal struggle to fill the emirates this season, and they're a perennial CL club, what chance do West Ham have?

Just to point out, North London, is and was anywhere north of the River.

East London did not exist as such, it was called the East End as opposed to the West End.

So historically moving to Stratford is North London.

;)

They still won't fill it even with the new homes. Arsenal struggle to fill the emirates this season, and they're a perennial CL club, what chance do West Ham have?

But what's what I said got to do with us being a North London club and them being a East London club.

Did you just jump in with two feet. lol

East London did not exist as such, it was called the East End as opposed to the West End.

;)

Historically speaking, Tottenham wasn't even a part of London when we last won the league.

I think if West Ham get it, at anywhere near favourable rates, it's a fantastic coup for them, and could well see them challenging us about a decade down the line.

I was all for us going to the OS on Levy's terms. It's an absolutely fantastic venue in terms of infrastructure and proximity to the City for sponsorship, corporates etc, and could have propelled us to being consistent trophy winners and actual title challengers at the business end of the season.

If West Ham get away with this robbery of taxpayers money they would have hit the jackpot as surely as Chelsea and City have done in different ways.

Being West Ham they'll probably fudge it up a bit, but I would expect the owners to sell to some mega rich buyers and then the horror of them finishing regularly above us will be a very realistic option.

Great day, potentially, for West Ham, bad day, potentially for us, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I think if West Ham get it, at anywhere near favourable rates, it's a fantastic coup for them, and could well see them challenging us about a decade down the line.

I was all for us going to the OS on Levy's terms. It's an absolutely fantastic venue in terms of infrastructure and proximity to the City for sponsorship, corporates etc, and could have propelled us to being consistent trophy winners and actual title challengers at the business end of the season.

If West Ham get away with this robbery of taxpayers money they would have hit the jackpot as surely as Chelsea and City have done in different ways.

Being West Ham they'll probably fudge it up a bit, but I would expect the owners to sell to some mega rich buyers and then the horror of them finishing regularly above us will be a very realistic option.

Great day, potentially, for West Ham, bad day, potentially for us, Arsenal and Chelsea

This.

Great day, potentially, for West Ham, bad day, potentially for us, Arsenal and Chelsea.

By the time that the Olympic stadium makeover is complete in 2016, FFP will be fully up and and running. Even if Sullivan and Gold do sell, no buyer would be able to spend as Chelsea or City have spent.

Besides which, by the time that West Ham move into the stadium, there is a good chance that Spurs will already be in their own, far better, new stadium.

Certainly, it will be a good day for West Ham. They will grow as a club. But it's not something that need necessarily concern the other big London clubs greatly.

;)

Historically, isn't Tottenham in Middlesex?

tickle my balls with a feather.

good post, completely agree

could be the start of london fc this

We need Northumberland Park built and pronto.
This may even be another little kick up the backside to the powers that be to get things moving.

tickle my balls with a feather.

Which bit?

That we should have moved to Stratford?

Or that this is a bad day for other London clubs?

I can't agree with either assertion.

Nail on head?

I'd describe jpg's post as hammer on thumb!

Last edited:

Historically speaking, Tottenham wasn't even a part of London when we last won the league.

Not sure what your point is. Middlesex was never anything more than an artificial administrative area, same as the GLC is now. We are Tottenham and we play in that location.

On that basis Manchester United's home is not in Manchester.

Woolwich Arsenal no longer play in Woolwich.

AFC Wimbledon do not play in Wimbledon.

Bolton no longer play in Bolton.

And when they move to the OS, West Ham will no longer play in West Ham.

Stratford United have done us a favour, they've helped preserve our heritage and guaranteed our home will always be Tottenham.

By the time that the Olympic stadium makeover is complete in 2016, FFP will be fully up and and running. Even if Sullivan and Gold do sell, no buyer would be able to spend as Chelsea or City have spent.

Besides which, by the time that West Ham move into the stadium, there is a good chance that Spurs will already be in their own, far better, new stadium.

Certainly, it will be a good day for West Ham. They will grow as a club. But it's not something that need necessarily concern the other big London clubs greatly.

HI JB, we'll see. I have no particular faith in the FFP, and I've no great faith we'll be playing in our new stadium before West Ham play in theirs, if that is what will happen for them.

I think West Ham getting this new stadium will be a matter of great concern, particularly to us, as they hate us with a passion, and the thought of them finishing regularly above us fills me with despair.

Which bit?

That we should have moved to Stratford?

Or that this is a bad day for other London clubs?

I can't agree with either assertion.

Nail on head?

I'd describe jpg's post as hammer on thumb!

That's not very kind is it, oh well each to their own, etc.

We'll see who's right and who's using their hammer correctly :)

Back