• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

I don't think we will, no.

I have felt since January that 4th was going to come down to managers. And Conte is better than Arteta. I don't think he will allows to blow it on Sunday. This is a vanishing point for supporters between moments in the past and the moment we have here with this manager and what he has already done. Burnley was the one, and somehow we got through it...well, I believe because of him.

I don't think it will be a thrashing unless we score early, but I think we will get the job done. A draw would not surprise me. Norwich will want to show something for their supporters.

There's no manager in the world that can guarantee against an upset in an individual game. Conte is as good as anyone at getting the job done I think. Part of that is that we have real belief in the squad along with getting increasingly settled in our system and of course the individual quality.

Can't shake some nervousness about this, more connected to how it would feel and the consequences of "throwing it away". But at the same time I'm confident, as confident as that slight nervousness will allow me to be.

Other than this being a home game it couldn't be a better situation for us going into a single decisive game with everything in our own hands. Just get it done.

Not necessarily, in fact could argue it makes it more dangerous. Knowing we need to win we would have that in our mindset from the start that we have to go for it. I don’t doubt we will try and beat Norwich but if we don’t go ahead early on, the longer it stays level the more we will could be stuck between holding for the point and going for the winner and then making a sucker punch more likely….

Still better than having to win.

The same situation could easily arise if we needed the win. We then wouldn't be stuck in the same way, but would be stuck between leaving too many gaps and not risking enough.

Then there's the host of other game states where it also helps that a draw will do.

For the players on the day I thin they need to mostly treat it as any other game. It's a game we should try to win at any stage of the season. Go out, show our quality, be smart and brave, do our thing.

Would rather have the game at home of course, but the nerves from the crowd at home would perhaps not be helpful if it's level with 10 minutes to go.

My head obviously goes to the future, the next game. Already posted on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss for our dear antagonists.

Just wanted to add that it was an absolute joy to watch them hey outplayed and throw away their advantage in a key game. Never liked Saudi Sportswashing Machine as much as I did in that game.

Had that been us I'm sure it would have been described as "sexy". I really don't like that term and don't understand why there isn't a similar term for Arsenal or Manchester United who have somehow completely taken themselves out of even challenging for top four. Given where they were last season, given the money they've spent...

My head obviously goes to the future, the next game. Already posted on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss for our dear antagonists.

Just wanted to add that it was an absolute joy to watch them hey outplayed and throw away their advantage in a key game. Never liked Saudi Sportswashing Machine as much as I did in that game.

Had that been us I'm sure it would have been described as "sexy". I really don't like that term and don't understand why there isn't a similar term for Arsenal or Manchester United who have somehow completely taken themselves out of even challenging for top four. Given where they were last season, given the money they've spent...
The reason why the other big clubs don’t have the same Spurzy type label is because every big club has poor league finishes at some point, but the fact is that even during those poor periods they have all still managed to acquire trophies. Except us - and until we do the same it’s a tag we are going to have to live with, like it or not….

I think this weekend, Arsenal will take the lead early on against Everton. We will be trying to score but a slightly edgy tension will be in place. We will hit the post but Norwich will also have a chance or two.
And then we will score just before half time, a sense of relief fills the air as we shortly after score a second.
Arsenal at this time hear the result and collapse, most likely to a draw. And that’s it, we will have 4th wrapped up.

though if Chelsea can bottle it tonight and lose v Leicester, there’s a chance for 3rd and so a reason to push for the win more so against Norwich. Either way, this is in our hands to finish top 4 and we couldn’t have asked for more than that.

All I know is if I’m a Norwich player I’m pinning all these quotes about Tottenham already in champs league to the mirror and I’m using them to motivate myself to spoil the party

Yeah not sure Spurs fans as a whole have been particularly dignified the last few days which isn't helped by pundits like neville and Carragher saying its absolutely done and there's no chance of us not getting 4th.

There is a chance and if it happens, we'll have a lot of egg on our faces. It'll be "mind the gap", "negative spiral" and "third in a two horse race" x 100.

Let's just watch the lads get the job done Sunday and when they do, then we can crucify those Gooner fudgers and pre order our "All or Nothing" DVD set.

This is not done yet.

Yeah not sure Spurs fans as a whole have been particularly dignified the last few days which isn't helped by pundits like neville and Carragher saying its absolutely done and there's no chance of us not getting 4th.

There is a chance and if it happens, we'll have a lot of egg on our faces. It'll be "mind the gap", "negative spiral" and "third in a two horse race" x 100.

Let's just watch the lads get the job done Sunday and when they do, then we can crucify those Gooner fudgers and pre order our "All or Nothing" DVD set.

This is not done yet.

I know what you mean but their fans would be exactly the same (if not worse) if the roles were reversed. I’m amazed their collapse isn’t getting more attention. 6 points clear of us in March with a game in hand and superior GD.

I know what you mean but their fans would be exactly the same (if not worse) if the roles were reversed. I’m amazed their collapse isn’t getting more attention. 6 points clear of us in March with a game in hand and superior GD.

Yeah I agree but their fans are c**ts.

@Finney Is Back is right, we get more brick for this stuff because of lack of trophies but what Woolwich and even City have done in the last couple of weeks is sexy-on-steroids and no-one is calling it out. To be fair to us, how we've battled over the last couple of month has been anything but sexy.

Still better than having to win.

The same situation could easily arise if we needed the win. We then wouldn't be stuck in the same way, but would be stuck between leaving too many gaps and not risking enough.

Then there's the host of other game states where it also helps that a draw will do.

For the players on the day I thin they need to mostly treat it as any other game. It's a game we should try to win at any stage of the season. Go out, show our quality, be smart and brave, do our thing.

Would rather have the game at home of course, but the nerves from the crowd at home would perhaps not be helpful if it's level with 10 minutes to go.

This is a great point. The fans that go away really create a great noise, I doubt there will be much negativity from them.

Like you say 0-0 mid-way through the 2nd half and any loose pass would get berated, which would not help. being at home I have a feeling Norwich will be a touch more open too than they would have been coming to WHL

They've really managed to hard-claim this narrative of "at the start of the season we'd have killed to finish 5th with a chance of top 4"
Not enough pushback about what has, you know, actually happened within the season to amend hopes & expectations as the games played out"

They've really managed to hard-claim this narrative of "at the start of the season we'd have killed to finish 5th with a chance of top 4"
Not enough pushback about what has, you know, actually happened within the season to amend hopes & expectations as the games played out"
To be fair, until two months ago I reckon Man Utd, or maybe even West Ham, would have been favourites to finish 4th. Then Arsenal went on a good run while those two fell away.

Back