1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 27 Dec 2021.

1. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Kasey Keller

A soft penalty doesn’t mean its not a penalty. It means it is a penalty. Soft or hard doesn’t matter one jot apart from to whinging gooners.

2. superspurs

superspurs Jonathan Woodgate

That is my understanding, I don't recall if a decision was confirmed on whether it was 5th place vs. the controversial high coefficient plans but it's either 23/24 or 24/25 when it comes in.

3. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Kasey Keller

Its 5th place but only becomes active if your fellow teams from your country have performed well in europe that season.

If the rules were applied this season then england and holland would get an extra place.

superspurs likes this.
  4. Alaric

Alaric Terry Yorath

Did anyone else see Neville and Carragher discussing the Arse vs Toon result. Neville had a quote, "I didn't think they'd come out of the game on Thursday at Tottenham, that was really damaging. They were brutalized by that Tottenham fan base of 60 minutes."

Is it wrong that this cheers me up so much?

5. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla John Lacy

I couldn’t disagree more with the first sentence, both were clear pens.

6. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

I don’t think we were that likely to score from either, so in that sense they were a bonus, but whether a team is likely to score is t a determinant of whether something is a penalty

7. FatBloke

FatBloke Pascal Chimbonda

I think (/hope!) that West Ham will drop down a level next season. Rice won't be there any more and they need to replace Antonio who seems to have lost his early season form entirely.

metalgear likes this.
  8. lurker of old

lurker of old Anthony Gardner

I couldn’t disagree more with the first sentence, both were clear pens.
    Hmmn, I've seen so many "clear pens" not given to us at the Lane, Kane rugby tackled etc etc, by contrast these were anything but clear to me, anyway it's about time we got the rub of the green.

greatwhitenorf likes this.
  9. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

We helped create our own luck, getting in the box, creating half chances and dangerous situations.

It's never over until it's over, stranger things have happened and all that. But we couldn't heve asked for a better starting point going into the last round weeks or months ago.

I trust the players and manager to get the job done, there is a small chance we don't, but that's life.

metalgear and tynesidespur like this.
  10. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

Said it was the best atmosphere he'd experienced in the prem i believe.

greatwhitenorf likes this.
  11. tommysvr

tommysvr Mido

The Burnley one was correct but does feel a bit gross. I’d be fuming if that went against us.

The Arsenal one was absolutely a penalty but I don’t think it was ‘clear’, if that makes sense. I think it was a fantastic spot by the ref, and had he missed it VAR probably wouldn’t have intervened.

12. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Nick Barmby

I remember during the Arsenal game, Neville repeatedly praised the crowd and atmosphere. Said it was definitely the best he'd seen this season.

Lilbaz likes this.
  13. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

We need to develop that sort of reputation. Neville also said "you'd never describe Tottenham as a hostile atmosphere but it was against Arsenal".

Now, obviously there are a lot of special factors that made the Woolwich game special that can't be replicated for other games. But Levy has given us a stadium that keeps the noise in, we just have to make it and that noise shouldn't be moaning at our players. A lot of games this season, the atmosphere has been crap for various reasons. To be fair, I thought the crowd did well and were very supportive for the Burnley game given that it was a 12pm kick off and a frustrating game.

SteveAWOL, thfcsteff, Mikey10 and 7 others like this.
  14. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Anyone nervous about the Norwich game, will we fudge ourselves up again??????????.

15. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

Yep. Been nervous since we beat burnley. The newcastle win just upped it a bit. Sooo close now.

Robbo and FolkestoneSpur like this.
  16. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur Wilson Palacios

I am and it will just grow through the week, but surely we can't Spurs it up, can we?

17. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

We live in hope but after watching Spurs for 60 years i am not sure. :eek:

SteveAWOL, Robbo, glasgowspur and 3 others like this.
  18. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Only needing a draw makes it massively less dangerous than needing a win there

19. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

True, lets hope the Conte effect works on the team and we do not bottle it again like we have in important games in the past.

20. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Nick Barmby

Honestly I am not nervous at all.
    Pragmatically, of course I have to acknowledge and fear that slight possibility, but I really don't countenance it as anything other than a technical option. It's quite strange.

metalgear likes this.