• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Be interesting to see where they fit the arsenal v chelsea game in. If chelsea go through in europe it's going to be awkward.

Stretching ourselves too thin is also a big risk... Especially when we still have gaps in the squad. This year I'd rather top 4 and go for a trophy next year with the right personnel.
We aren't stretching ourselves, at this stage we're playing more or less one game a week. We're normally still in Europe at this stage and far more stretched.

Better to stay in the FA Cup in an attempt to retain momentum.

I think the extra time between matches, with no Europe though, will let Conte really get to work with his training methods and I think the Brighton performance is just the start of it.

Stretching ourselves too thin is also a big risk... Especially when we still have gaps in the squad. This year I'd rather top 4 and go for a trophy next year with the right personnel.

It's only four matches to win it!

Considering we are out of Europe we've no excuse to not at least go for top 4 and the cup.

.... Those extra games and thin squad look like real threats to me. Count weather as a wild card too.

Last edited:
I've learned that it's better for my health of i take a risk averse perspective when supporting spurs.

Yep we make things difficult for ourselves. Bad lasagne, injuries, phantom record signings, newest empiest stadium, Mourinho jinxed, CL final handball rule misapplied players losing interest in football....

Still they are no excuse for not being ambitious. Top 4 this year and every year with Conte and we will soon win a trophy.

We're far from out of the race yet, but we made it a lot harder for ourselves with yesterday's brickshow.

Serves us right for daring to be optimistic, I guess.

That said, there is enough time and games left for us to get fourth. There have been - and will be - several more banana skins this season, so we just need to make sure we aren't the ones slipping on them.

Yesterday's performance really dampended the positive mood, though. Keep playing like that, and we have no chance.

I’ve said it many times, people keep bleating on about where we could be if we win our games in hand - there was never any chance we will win all our games in hand, we just aren’t that good and there is literally no easy game in this league. On the flip side our rivals have and will continue to drop points to lesser teams also - West Ham for example lost 3-2 at home to Southampton aswell. But it is annoying to read post match talk on here the majority of times is this assumption these sort of games will just be a routine 3 points. No wonder some people get so worked up when we lose, some need a reality check about both how good we actually are and how strong this league is…..

I’ve said it many times, people keep bleating on about where we could be if we win our games in hand - there was never any chance we will win all our games in hand, we just aren’t that good and there is literally no easy game in this league. On the flip side our rivals have and will continue to drop points to lesser teams also - West Ham for example lost 3-2 at home to Southampton aswell. But it is annoying to read post match talk on here the majority of times is this assumption these sort of games will just be a routine 3 points. No wonder some people get so worked up when we lose, some need a reality check about both how good we actually are and how strong this league is…..

All points well made. I think more people's frustration about last night is that it wasn't even a 7/10 performance, it was about 2/10. Teams can't play to their best all the time, but last night was a million miles off a decent performance. Had we played reasonably and lost, which could still have happened given Southampton played well, then fair enough but the performance was shocking and frankly a 3-2 defeat flattered us

All points well made. I think more people's frustration about last night is that it wasn't even a 7/10 performance, it was about 2/10. Teams can't play to their best all the time, but last night was a million miles off a decent performance. Had we played reasonably and lost, which could still have happened given Southampton played well, then fair enough but the performance was shocking and frankly a 3-2 defeat flattered us
Agreed

There is no hiding it we were really poor last night but we are still in with a chance of the top four. Need to get some consistcy in our games.

Indeed
When I read that wolves handy beat or scored against a team above them in the league all seasons could see where that was going
We aren’t much better. Other than beating City opening game under Nuno, we haven’t beaten anyone above us and only even got a draw on one occassion against a depleted Liverpool team. If we do want top 4 that needs to improve second half of the season….

We aren’t much better. Other than beating City opening game under Nuno, we haven’t beaten anyone above us and only even got a draw on one occassion against a depleted Liverpool team. If we do want top 4 that needs to improve second half of the season….
And we weren’t depleted either?

Back