1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 27 Dec 2021.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Don’t disagree but as I say, why are Burnley playing their game in hand a week after everyone else

2. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Villa are already playing Liverpool this Tues, so needed to be next week

3. Bedfordspurs

Right
    Why not pool next week vs villa

4. 90291Spur

90291Spur Christian Ziege

I'm still a tad steaming that those nomads got the earlier fixture date postponed and we have to play them now, when they have good momentum going. Hopefully with the place rocking and Conte and the boys feeling good after the point at The Dippers we can smash 'em.

harr1984 and yiddo37 like this.
  5. tommysvr

tommysvr Mido

First 15 minutes we need to be all over the gooners. Put it right fudging up them and they crumble. Their run recently has been teams rolling over, we can absolutely do it if we put our foot on their throat and go for blood (as Conte says.)

DeanoAustin, harr1984 and 90291Spur like this.
  6. superspurs

superspurs Gerry Armstrong

Think the table will stay as it is regardless if we pump that lot on Thursday, think they'll go and do the job at Newcastle and at home vs. Everton, especially if Everton are safe.

Robbo likes this.
  7. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

No way Everton are going to ease off one point above relegation!

superspurs likes this.
  8. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Yeah we needed Everton to need something from the last day.

superspurs likes this.
  9. yiddo37

yiddo37 Goran Bunjevcevic

Newcastle will be tough, they'll want to send their fans off with a good performance. We just need to focus on winning our next 2 games, then it's down to the final day.

10. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Mel Hopkins

A tale of two headers at the weekend. If only, PEH buries his and Leeds got a better contact on their last second chance. 4pts swing, ah well.

Think there are still quite possible outcomes where it comes down to Goal Difefrence

A NLD win, and draw v Burnley combined with an Arsenal defeat takes us level on the last day
    or
    All is not lost even if we draw the NLD. 2 wins for Spurs v Burnley/Norwich against 2 draws for Arsenal and its ours on GD

Neither scenario is beyond the realms of possibility right now, although I think we have to prepare ourselves for 5th. We can but try our best. Leave it all out there on the field on Thursday is all we can ask, no half-arsed performances. If they are better on the day, so be it

11. superspurs

superspurs Gerry Armstrong

Reckon they'll be safe come the final game of the season.

alekaras and AdamB like this.
  12. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

We can only do our part, and win the final three games. Starting Thursday. Then we'll see how it goes.

13. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

The Goons is their last game, they've got 4 left and Watford in the week. High chance they'll be safe by the Goon game

14. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

It's impossible to predict. If I tried predicting our results and Woolwich's results over the last 6 weeks, I'd have gotten 60% to 70% wrong and so would most people. They should beat Newcastle and Everton but if they beat everyone they should beat, they'd have 4th sewn up. Same with us.

Surprise results happen and if I look at them over the last few weeks, they haven't been in any way convincing even in their wins. There's a good possibility they f**k up somewhere, I'm just not sure where.

All we can do is our bit. Win on Thursday night and then worry about Burnley and Norwich.

Robbo, harr1984 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  15. Bedfordspurs

The way I flip it around is (assuming they lose to us) would you back them to win 5 out of 6 games?

harr1984 and DeanoAustin like this.
  16. iggyfog

iggyfog John Gorman

braineclipse likes this.
  17. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

18. iggyfog

iggyfog John Gorman

:weary: - I remember that game too well - utter disaster

DeanoAustin likes this.
  19. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

So if we qualify for CL, Conte's record isn't great and he will prioritise the league, and if we qualify for EL, same. CL will allow us to shop expensive players that historically have not worked out for us, and EL we will be buying up and coming players who have been good for us. Only downside to not getting CL, is potentially losing Kane? The goons are definitely not ready for CL, and it will only hamper there league form, as it probably will ours too.
    So, I'd rather we do qualify for CL, but I'm not sure it's the be all and end all.

SteveAWOL, Spoonman and harr1984 like this.
  20. Spoonman

Spoonman Stephen Kelly

Agree with this entirely. Obviously 4th would be great but 5th is far better than I was expecting pre season. I still don't feel we have the 5th best team/squad but our few stars and an elite manager have got us there. Maybe without the pressure of performing in the CL and a few more astute signings we could really kick on in the league next season.

harr1984 likes this.