• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Wouldn't they already be there as champions or do they start in the el or conference?

If you are bumping up teams and it leaves a couple of places, might aswell bump up a couple of teams from the europa to take their place and the conference to take theirs. Then you have 2 places in the conference that can go somewhere.

If you want to make money do it on coefficients. Utd might even get in (being bumped from the europa) or us or arsenal or roma...

Don't think UEFA will increase the number of teams from the same country over four. I know that happens if a team wins the CL and finishes outside CL qualification in their league. Other than than that though max four teams from a league seems pretty set.

The point we gained at Brentford could be valuable as being just two points behind forces Arsenal to look for wins as draws won't be good enough.

It looks like we'll have to win the NLD.

Eg we could lose to Liverpool and they beat Leeds but we could win the NLD and Burnley and be 1 point ahead when they play Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Only a win for them will then see them above us.
Even if they win that, the same applies in the final round of games.

Don't think UEFA will increase the number of teams from the same country over four. I know that happens if a team wins the CL and finishes outside CL qualification in their league. Other than than that though max four teams from a league seems pretty set.

Either they have the cl/qualifiers with 2 less teams than normal and have to do byes. Or they bring in 2 teams from somewhere else which means increasing the allocation from a league/s. Maybe more as we don't know what's happening with the ukranian teams yet.

Uefas preliminary plans for 2024 will mean teams with the highest coefficients that don't finish in cl places will qualify.

Either they have the cl/qualifiers with 2 less teams than normal and have to do byes. Or they bring in 2 teams from somewhere else which means increasing the allocation from a league/s. Maybe more as we don't know what's happening with the ukranian teams yet.

Uefas preliminary plans for 2024 will mean teams with the highest coefficients that don't finish in cl places will qualify.

Wasn't there something about not leap frogging? As in Utd finishing 7th can't jump into CL based on coefficient if West Ham are above them in 6th.

Yes, increased allocation from a league may be on the table. Increasing our beyond four teams I think is unlikely. But hey, UEFA are capable of surprising me.

There will be that change from 2024, but I don't think that will kick in at this point. Again, could be surprised.

The changes to European qualification as a result of the decision not to admit Russian teams is available on UEFA's website.
https://editorial.uefa.com/resource..._league_and_uefa_europa_conference_league.pdf

There are no extra teams entering the CL that wouldn't otherwise have qualified. There is one match fewer in the Champions Path 1st Qualifying Round and one match fewer in the League Path 2nd Qualifying Round, with teams from the highest ranked associations being moved up to the next qualifying round to rebalance the overall number of teams that reach the group stage.

The changes to European qualification as a result of the decision not to admit Russian teams is available on UEFA's website.
https://editorial.uefa.com/resource..._league_and_uefa_europa_conference_league.pdf

There are no extra teams entering the CL that wouldn't otherwise have qualified. There is one match fewer in the Champions Path 1st Qualifying Round and one match fewer in the League Path 2nd Qualifying Round, with teams from the highest ranked associations being moved up to the next qualifying round to rebalance the overall number of teams that reach the group stage.

If and when we finish 5th we should immediately begin lobbying uefa for a different approach. In the context of the changes coming up in 2 years I think we have a small chance of succeeding.

If we finish 4th then we should make clear the existing arrangements are excellent :D

Do clubs in the Europa League and Conference earn the same sort of coefficient points as a CL group stage side? Or are they weighted less?
I mean, Do Europa League seasons help us much compared to a single good run in the CL?

Do clubs in the Europa League and Conference earn the same sort of coefficient points as a CL group stage side? Or are they weighted less?
I mean, Do Europa League seasons help us much compared to a single good run in the CL?

They're weighted less. You also get coefficients from how well other teams from your country do in europe.

Not sure how exactly they are weighted.

Uncomfortable position to be in needing points at Anfield to keep it in our own hands.

But had we been offered this position back when Conte took over I think most would have accepted that as good progress.

We can no longer be overtaken by Manchester United. I guess the goal of this thread has been achieved. Now to sneak past Arsenal or Chelsea.

I can't see them beating Leeds, Saudi Sportswashing Machine & Everton
I can see us beating them and winning our last two though

Back