• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

It all makes the loss to Brighton look even worse. When the goons play West Ham it is 3 days after their europa league semi final on the thursday.So I fully expect the goons to win. Why am I such a pessimist? Someone give me some positivity to hang on to.

Brighton also beat Arse and put in a good show this evening v Emirates Marketing Project. Had we drawn the game, it wouldnt have been a disaster

Setting aside the London rival aspect, our game v Leicester and Arsenals v West Ham are very similar in terms of the European distraction

Vital that we bounce back this weekend

Brighton also beat Arse and put in a good show this evening v Emirates Marketing Project. Had we drawn the game, it wouldnt have been a disaster

Setting aside the London rival aspect, our game v Leicester and Arsenals v West Ham are very similar in terms of the European distraction

Vital that we bounce back this weekend
How dare you be sensible and pragmatic

Was thinking about the run in another way:

If we want it to be in our hands with 3 games to go (i.e. if we win those 3, we get 4th), and you assume we lose to Liverpool when they beat Leeds then we need to be no worse than level with them before the Liverpool/Leeds games

Means we just need to get at least the same against Brentford and Leicester as they do v Man U and West Ham. Does sound too bad? (though relies on us winning the NLD)

I’m not one to quote Poch in a overly sentimental manner (even if it’s him quoting Rihanna) but we’re in to “All Eyes On Us” territory. Beyond dumb to think Chelsea are going to do us any favours.

Maybe it could be deemed overly simplistic but we’ve got to win a strong majority of our games, including the NLD, if we don’t its quite clear what will happen. That basic logic will not stop it being sickening if we don’t but it’s not like it will have come from nowhere..

Can’t believe some of you are still trying to predict who is going to get what points…you’ve been getting it wrong week after week:D
This won’t be the last of the ‘surprise’ results. Whoever is 4th after the NLD will be favourites, but even then there could be a final twist. Just hope Spurs win each game, and see what happens….

Still fuming over last night (I know I shouldn't), but you know what...
I hope Chelsea DO think they have 3rd place wrapped up, and I hope they struggle to regain some form after last night and end up getting just 8ptsfrom their last 7 games to finish on 70pts.
The battle for 4th then inspires both us and Arsenal to pick 14pts or 15pts from our last 6 games.

Chelsea then without CL football and no money f#ck off back to where they belong, aspiring to be Crystal Palace and looking forward to Fulham as their biggest game of the season.

Not being from London I hate Chelsea far more than Arsenal (sorry but that's they way it is for me) and last night just twisted the knife a little more

They have some potentially tough fixtures. We need West Ham to somehow get something out of Sunday and then they could get rattled.

It might rattle them, you're right, and then the Man U - Chelsea game midweek next week become interesting

Their last 4 though are Everton, Wolves, Leeds, Leicester, Watford - it's hard to see them not getting at least 3 wins from their last 7 games, but having them fired up enough to beat Man U would be helpful

It might rattle them, you're right, and then the Man U - Chelsea game midweek next week become interesting

Their last 4 though are Everton, Wolves, Leeds, Leicester, Watford - it's hard to see them not getting at least 3 wins from their last 7 games, but having them fired up enough to beat Man U would be helpful
Leeds revitalised, Everton fighting for their lives, Wolves solid and competing for a place in Europe, although I’m sure Rodgers will see his Foxes roll over and have their tummies’ tickled for his former employer. I think the United game is a free hit for us and any result benefits us.

Stranger things have happened.

Do not ignore the fact that the goons didn’t win that match, Chelski threw it away. They are not that good right now.
I didn’t see the game last night, but interesting you say that. I saw their combined xG - nearly doubling the opponents’ - for their three most recent losses, which suggests to me they haven’t been playing that badly, Palace aside.

GHod, it’s going to be a bum twitching end to the season! COYS!

I didn’t see the game last night, but interesting you say that. I saw their combined xG - nearly doubling the opponents’ - for their three most recent losses, which suggests to me they haven’t been playing that badly, Palace aside.

GHod, it’s going to be a bum twitching end to the season! COYS!
They haven't been playing that bad, they just don't have a goalscorer.

Do not ignore the fact that the goons didn’t win that match, Chelski threw it away. They are not that good right now.

Yes, Chelsea were poor. Missing both Jorginho and Kovacic in CM meant they had no control, and that was made worse by Thiago Silva starting on the bench and their non-scoring CF (Lukaku) playing too

Arse caught them at a good time

Chelsea treated that game like a testimonial....much as they did in the same fixture towards the end of last season (Arsenal won 1-0 when Jorginho inexplicably misplaced a backpass that gave Smith Rowe a tap in) so they have previous for this.

I definitely think that we are victims of being the most hated team by three local rivals. Chelsea would never down tools to play us - just think back to Battle of the Bridge - the motivation to prevent us winning the league was almost as high as if they were going for it themselves. West Ham to a lesser extent - yet when they play Arsenal in an end of season game that will have little tangible incentive they massively drop intensity levels. I fear West Ham will do the same next weekend.

I'm not being a conspiracist - just reflecting that whatever the genesis of the rivalry between us and them is is so intense that we never get a free ride in the same way that Woolwich do.

Alas, should we not finish 4th it will be almost exclusively to our own shortcomings but last night was incredibly annoying to watch.

I think now that they have played Chelsea we now have, for the first time, since this 'battle for Top 4' became a thing got the harder run-in.

Back