• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Apart from all the narrative, the fantastic experience of it, the positive impact a performance and turnaround like that must surely have - massive three points gained.

Could not agree more, for me it was our best performance for a while and on another day we would have won that game at a canter.

Utd are a far bigger threat to us IMO. Much stronger squad - if they click, they could go on a roll
It is always best to want a draw when two rivals for league position play. There is a fair chance we lose to Chelsea tomorrow, and if that game is a draw no one gets away from us. Yes we have games in hand which is all well and good but that doesn’t mean anything and we are bound to go through a bad patch at some point….

It is always best to want a draw when two rivals for league position play

Depends on whether you view the two sides as an equal threat or not

If they are an equal threat, then I agree as a draw means that your rivals collecitvely pick up 2 points, whereas one winning means that collectively they pick up 3

Here, I view Utd as a much bigger threat. They're roughly in the same position (Utd being 2 points behind with 1 game in hand over West Ham) but as I said above, the quality of their squad is a lot lot better than WEst Hams that if they click, they could hoover up points

Why aren’t burnley applying to have their game away to arsenal tomorrow postponed. Just a few days ago they had a game called off as they had 10 players training. That situation couldn’t have improved much in such a short time.

Seems like they are picking their games and are happy to write tomorrow off, rather than add to their backlog of fixtures when they have what they deem more winnable games to play.

So arsenal not only get to play a seriously depleted leeds but also the same with burnley too. Yet when arsenal are depleted themselves the game is off.

Total cheating.

Why aren’t burnley applying to have their game away to arsenal tomorrow postponed. Just a few days ago they had a game called off as they had 10 players training. That situation couldn’t have improved much in such a short time.

Seems like they are picking their games and are happy to write tomorrow off, rather than add to their backlog of fixtures when they have what they deem more winnable games to play.

So arsenal not only get to play a seriously depleted leeds but also the same with burnley too. Yet when arsenal are depleted themselves the game is off.

Total cheating.
Sums up the attitudes of both Burnley and Arsenal really

Depends on whether you view the two sides as an equal threat or not

If they are an equal threat, then I agree as a draw means that your rivals collecitvely pick up 2 points, whereas one winning means that collectively they pick up 3

Here, I view Utd as a much bigger threat. They're roughly in the same position (Utd being 2 points behind with 1 game in hand over West Ham) but as I said above, the quality of their squad is a lot lot better than WEst Hams that if they click, they could hoover up points
That in addition to Manure frequently being handed the points by the officials.

This is probably too sensible. Think the FA/Tottenham/Brighton missed a trick here. Since we drew them in the Cup and we have a 2-week coming up, why didnt we arrange to play our postponed game at Brighton on either Tuesday 1st or Weds 2nd February.

That way no team is at a disadvantage going into the Cup game having had the same time to recover.

Just seems a waste of a free midweek when teams have 2, 3 and 4 to reaarange

Back