• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

If you don't get carried away, you miss the highlights of being a Spurs fan.

Absolutely.

Just beat Watford and we'll be back to getting carried away in no time.

A draw away to Southampton isn't all that bad all in all, a mix of draws and wins away to mid table sides is fine for a good challenge for fourth I think. But we need those wins too.

Absolutely.

Just beat Watford and we'll be back to getting carried away in no time.

A draw away to Southampton isn't all that bad all in all, a mix of draws and wins away to mid table sides is fine for a good challenge for fourth I think. But we need those wins too.

Yes, if we beat Watford then the Southampton result, meaning 4 points from those 2 games, looks fine

If we can get a win at Watford we will come out of the festive period with one of the highest points gained from the matches, and ground made up/extended those near to us. Still with games in hand on some.

OK, here's a conundrum. I have a feeling that we might beat Chelsea in the Cup, but lose in the League. If we only won one of these, which would you prefer - an away win at the Bridge and 3 points in the League, or a cup win that puts us in a final? Tough one - I'm veering towards the 3 points and a charge towards the top 4.

OK, here's a conundrum. I have a feeling that we might beat Chelsea in the Cup, but lose in the League. If we only won one of these, which would you prefer - an away win at the Bridge and 3 points in the League, or a cup win that puts us in a final? Tough one - I'm veering towards the 3 points and a charge towards the top 4.

Probably take the points too...however getting the trophy monkey off our backs would be helpful

Beating them over 2 legs to get into a final would be huge for our mentality and confidence

Beating them over 2 legs to get into a final would be huge for our mentality and confidence
Normally I'd go for this as well, but we're such a fudging eeyore club you get the feeling it would be looked on as we didn't win, Chelsea lost.
We are so mentally weak it beggars belief.

Normally I'd go for this as well, but we're such a fudging eeyore club you get the feeling it would be looked on as we didn't win, Chelsea lost.
We are so mentally weak it beggars belief.
Plus knowing us we’d go and lose the final anyway.

Regardless, it’s more important we get back in the top 4 spots as the Goons and Man U now they’ve got rid of Ole are showing signs they could re-emerge so we need to beat them to CL football…..

Plus knowing us we’d go and lose the final anyway.

Regardless, it’s more important we get back in the top 4 spots as the Goons and Man U now they’ve got rid of Ole are showing signs they could re-emerge so we need to beat them to CL football…..

I do honestly think conte will finally make the difference.
I've literally just finished the glory game book and in the synopsis he talks about yhe team failing in crucial games.
The conundrum of is it a few players dragging down the team, or a few good players pulling them up?
It wasn't the only instance in the bok that struck me as "the more it changes, the more it stays the same."

If we beat them once, we beat them twice, and visa versa.

4th is better than a trophy.
It's a clear improvement and will attract more players to join us.
Also if Conte got that trophy it might be one thing more to encourage him to quit....iike another famous manager once declared :)

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Beating Chelsea in the league would only be three points…we could make that up elsewhere. We could also draw away and have dropped only two points.

Lose against them over the two legs, and we would be out of the cup with no way back. Seems kinda cheating to say beat them over two legs instead of beat them in the league but that would be my choice. Better to have a chance of glory, and still able to recover the league, than just having three bonus league points which would be great if it meant guaranteed top 4, but it doesn’t.

Whatever…let’s win all 3 matches and discard such hypothetical questions.

This weekend might not be a total disaster even if we lose, with United playing West Ham, at least one of our rivals will drop points too. Sadly dont see Arsenal dropping any points

Back