• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Libation Thread

Just had a bottle of this sent to me as a gift

upload_2020-12-19_10-51-54.png

I have never tried Whisky before so may give this a go
How do you drink it ??

I take it you’ve never educated yourself around a black label Jameson’s?

Most of the Scottish stuff is bang average but sounds exotic so I suspect people of your ilk would ponce on about it at dinner parties.

If you want a recommendation try a Middleton Rare , you will never go near a Whisky after it

Either way , a good whiskey is a good whisky

Sent from a place where spiders kill you
My in-laws are all from Ireland. I've spent many nights over there sampling the best they have to offer.

The good stuff isn't a patch on a good Islay.

I had some Japanese stuff last week that was similar in quality. Not bad but nothing to savour.

Just had a bottle of this sent to me as a gift

View attachment 10317

I have never tried Whisky before so may give this a go
How do you drink it ??

If you're like Scara, throw it in the sink )

Otherwise, try it neat first and see how you like it. If too harsh then add a drop, and yes I do mean just a drop or two, of water to it. The reaction will smooth out the taste, so try it again and see how you find it. Rinse, repeat - unless you're a heathen and dump coke in as a mixer :D
(You could also plonk an ice cube in too, but the drop of water approach would let you find the balance that you like.)

If you're like Scara, throw it in the sink )

Otherwise, try it neat first and see how you like it. If too harsh then add a drop, and yes I do mean just a drop or two, of water to it. The reaction will smooth out the taste, so try it again and see how you find it. Rinse, repeat - unless you're a heathen and dump coke in as a mixer :D
(You could also plonk an ice cube in too, but the drop of water approach would let you find the balance that you like.)
If you put one, very large, ice cube in - one that barely fits in the glass then you'll be able so see how the taste develops as it melts.

Whisky is better neat though.

Edit: You can also get double-walled glasses and freeze them if you like whisky cold but don't like watering it down with an ice cube.

Last edited:
Sainsburys are doing their buy 6 bottles of wine get 25% off
They do a couple of lovely Pinot Noirs and a Gavi we like so stocked up
Max purchase is 36 bottles

https://www.demijohn.co.uk/

I received a gift set of bottles bought from these guys - I used them back when they had premises in York and Edinburgh, COVID has forced them to online only.
Spiced rum and a couple of whisky liqueurs, effortless drinking.

We had a beer in a Fullers pub yesterday called The Astronomer just off Liverpool Street
We had this for the first time, what a lovely lager it was

upload_2021-8-30_13-35-24.png

i had the most incredible Espresso Martini the other day in the City.

Jameson's Caskmates (no this is not standard Jameson's)
Tia Maria
Baileys
Shot of Espresso

i could have drunk about 10. As the old adage goes, "barkeep, give me something that's gonna wake me up then fudge me up"

(for those wondering, those were the words of a model to the barman who invented the drink in London. It's widely believed to be Kate Moss).

i had the most incredible Espresso Martini the other day in the City.

Jameson's Caskmates (no this is not standard Jameson's)
Tia Maria
Baileys
Shot of Espresso

i could have drunk about 10. As the old adage goes, "barkeep, give me something that's gonna wake me up then fudge me up"

(for those wondering, those were the words of a model to the barman who invented the drink in London. It's widely believed to be Kate Moss).
Barkeep? Kate Moss is from Croydon mate, not Dodge City.

Back