• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Levy/ENIC in/out/shake it all about poll....

Seeing as we're debating ENIC/Levy and what we'd like for our future... Would you prefer...

• Total voters
Its the first answer that is a little loaded. After we lose a cup final and are managerless, of course, things are not perfect. Rarely in football are teams at their zenith.

Spurs to carry on exactly the way we are right now, we're doing fine

So the above is loaded. It presumes that if things are not perfect, we need intervention. However, how often do we see in football that success comes from stability and incremental improvement?

There are 40,000 football teams in the UK. All but 4 or 5 would swap our 'troubles' for theirs. That makes us a little entitled. Of course, look for improvement, be constructive, but we don't have some divine right to win things. Levy has put us into a position where we can aspire to win and take the next step. Previously we were rarely in Europe.

The details of how the transfer team work within Spurs is interesting. But I am not sure anyone here knows exactly who does what and who drives our business. But it is safe to say the Manger of the day and Levy have the greatest say.
There's nothing loaded about it. I have tried to give the different options that could present themselves. I haven't tried to speculate on the nature of who might take over (i.e. could be a Saudi Prince, could be a US NFL owner, could be a hedge fund) and I haven't speculated on whether the DoF will be a good one or a bad one.

We're not managerless.... We have Ryan Mason until the end of the season and then (one would assume) whoever Levy appoints from this summer until whenever it is in the future that Levy sacks that person.

Yes we lost a Cup final, but I don't think any of us on here expected anything otherwise. Emirates Marketing Project are considerably better than us as they should be considering the very different levels of net investment in the playing squad between the two clubs.

From your answer here it would seem that you are in the 'carry on as we are now we're doing fine' camp. That's fine, your opinion is as valued and respected as every single other opinion in the poll.

From your answer here it would seem that you are in the 'carry on as we are now we're doing fine' camp. That's fine, your opinion is as valued and respected as every single other opinion in the poll.

Having run a number of businesses as well as observed how football teams develop into winning sides, rarely is success achieved without steady incremental improvement. If I have a criticism of Levy, it might be that in his eagerness to speed us toward success he changed things possibly too much and too quickly, undermining the steady development of the team.

Sometimes dramatic changes work and accelerate things, but often they can undermine the foundations and you end up playing snakes and ladders. Pochettinho a case in point, both the improvement he brought and the fallout when he was booted out. The key is knowing what to build upon and what to change. No one can predict the future, everything is educated guesswork in football (thinking of personnel transfers especially).

I agree it is a time to re-appraise, for Levy to refresh ENICs goals. To share some of them with the supporters, and get everyone onside. It would help with Kane and Son's contracts, as well as help identify a new playing management team that fits us. Whether you call someone a DOF or Headscout doesn't really matter. You need a club vision, a route forward, and the personnel in place to realise the plan. A DOF or whatever their job title, is never going to trump the say-so of the Manager of the day or the de-facto club owner.

Last edited:
There's nothing loaded about it. I have tried to give the different options that could present themselves. I haven't tried to speculate on the nature of who might take over (i.e. could be a Saudi Prince, could be a US NFL owner, could be a hedge fund) and I haven't speculated on whether the DoF will be a good one or a bad one.

We're not managerless.... We have Ryan Mason until the end of the season and then (one would assume) whoever Levy appoints from this summer until whenever it is in the future that Levy sacks that person.

Yes we lost a Cup final, but I don't think any of us on here expected anything otherwise. Emirates Marketing Project are considerably better than us as they should be considering the very different levels of net investment in the playing squad between the two clubs.

I wrote in the ‘memories of Spurs in finals’ thread that I don’t expect us to beat the likes of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea in finals (our last four opponents) but it would be nice if we actually turned up for one of them. Playing in the latter stages of cup competitions isn’t unknown territory for this group of players now. Lloris, Kane, Toby, Son, Dier, Moura, Bale, Winks have played in finals and semi finals for Spurs and some of them have also played for their countries at the business end tournaments. Carragher just tore us to shreds on MNF. His comments will probably go down about as well as an LFC best of compilation given his Liverpool connection and it’s not what anyone wants to hear but I can’t disagree with any of it. We’ve not scored in our last four finals. It is like we are beaten before we go out on the pitch.

I wrote in the ‘memories of Spurs in finals’ thread that I don’t expect us to beat the likes of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea in finals (our last four opponents) but it would be nice if we actually turned up for one of them. Playing in the latter stages of cup competitions isn’t unknown territory for this group of players now. Lloris, Kane, Toby, Son, Dier, Moura, Bale, Winks have played in finals and semi finals for Spurs and some of them have also played for their countries at the business end tournaments. Carragher just tore us to shreds on MNF. His comments will probably go down about as well as an LFC best of compilation given his Liverpool connection and it’s not what anyone wants to hear but I can’t disagree with any of it. We’ve not scored in our last four finals. It is like we are beaten before we go out on the pitch.
Yet we hear the players want to win the trophies ...

I'm getting old.
Tired of Spurs being too nice, doing things 'the right way' and a laughing stock that nearly everyone hates and ridicules.
Would love to vote no.4 but went for no.2, I've had enough.

Back