• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Journey To Be As High As Possible

Such a valuable point at Stamford Bridge. Not only progress but the intensity this early in the season is great for team bonding. Plus validation for the new guys who came on to change the game. A moral victory for Conte too as I'm sure Levy and Co. would have reaslised from the media the game took Spurs up a notch.

I feel for Conte, the result of stick-man's sticky handshake has taken out a bit of satisfaction for Conte.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Still think this thread should be about us plebs getting high, rather than where the team ends up. Personally I find I have to deserve getting high...sadly that feeling is rarer than I would like, thanks to a puritan conscience. Next time we get to play Ajax could be interesting, though hopefully with a more routine win than that famous night......

Still think this thread should be about us plebs getting high, rather than where the team ends up. Personally I find I have to deserve getting high...sadly that feeling is rarer than I would like, thanks to a puritan conscience. Next time we get to play Ajax could be interesting, though hopefully with a more routine win than that famous night......

Haha is that you Del?

High is in the Eye of the beholder...

Such a valuable point at Stamford Bridge. Not only progress but the intensity this early in the season is great for team bonding. Plus validation for the new guys who came on to change the game. A moral victory for Conte too as I'm sure Levy and Co. would have reaslised from the media the game took Spurs up a notch.

I feel for Conte, the result of stick-man's sticky handshake has taken out a bit of satisfaction for Conte.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Very much agree with the point, progress, new lads coming back in.

At least a perspective on the handshake is that it adds to the satisfaction. We rattled Chelsea and Tuchel to the point of him losing his cool. The decision going the way it did, Conte on the sideline again this weekend with Tuchel up in the stands. Sure, some of that was just the frustration of losing what would have been a deserved win right at the end, but still.

I quite like these things getting a bit heated, some real rivalry. Conte kept on the right side of things, Tuchel didn't. Tuchel knows he lost it, Conte knows he didn't.

Top 3 should be a realistic and achievable aim. Talk of being title challengers is unrealistic in my opinion. 90+ points has been the benchmark to the win the league in the last few years. We’d do well to get to 80 points and see where we are. Perhaps next season we can mount a challenge if we keep improving the squad and more importantly, keep Conte happy.

I think we’re one point better off where we’d probably have expected given the fixtures, which is good, but not exceptional.

Get a win next weekend and, for me, it’s an excellent start going into the Wet Spam game.

I think we’re one point better off where we’d probably have expected given the fixtures, which is good, but not exceptional.

Get a win next weekend and, for me, it’s an excellent start going into the Wet Spam game.

Chelsea away always is and always will be a hard game for us. Not sure why people were expecting us to go there and win. I think people were expecting a better performance, but a point against them away from home is a good result. Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham always put in superhuman performances against Spurs.

Yes, but as we saw last season, games like Southampton and Wolves at home can easily be banana skins

Main concern from the first 3 games is how we get over-run when teams play 3 CMs against us. Conte needs to develop a plan to counter that

Chelsea away always is and always will be a hard game for us. Not sure why people were expecting us to go there and win. I think people were expecting a better performance, but a point against them away from home is a good result. Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham always put in superhuman performances against Spurs.
Not sure if this is directed at me, but in case this wasn’t clear, I felt Chelsea was a good result and I wasn’t expecting us to go and win.

The two wins, I think, if we want to achieve anything, should be considered fairly routine. I appreciate we slipped up last year against them, but they are teams we should be beating. On paper at least.

Not sure if this is directed at me, but in case this wasn’t clear, I felt Chelsea was a good result and I wasn’t expecting us to go and win.

The two wins, I think, if we want to achieve anything, should be considered fairly routine. I appreciate we slipped up last year against them, but they are teams we should be beating. On paper at least.

The problem with should wins, is that:

- we should beat the bottom 10 teams home and away, thats 60 points
- should take 4 points say from teams in 7th-10th, thats another 16
- then the 10 games against the other top 6, say 3 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats? thats another 14 points

Should therefore get 90 points in total...but obviously there are always games that dont go like that. 3 decent results though so far

Wasn’t aimed at anyone, but saw a few posters claiming we were better than them and we’d go there and win.

Wolves have beaten us quite regularly at home in the last few seasons and usually give us a good game. It’s the sort of game we need to win if we want to challenge but I wasn’t expecting an easy ride today.

Last edited:
When we win the league in May, your wish will surely be granted!

The problem with should wins, is that:

- we should beat the bottom 10 teams home and away, thats 60 points
- should take 4 points say from teams in 7th-10th, thats another 16
- then the 10 games against the other top 6, say 3 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats? thats another 14 points

Should therefore get 90 points in total...but obviously there are always games that dont go like that. 3 decent results though so far
I definitely get wins on paper are often anything but and we won’t win them all, but, for me, they remain games we should really win. Whether we do or not, is another question.

Anyway, it’s been a positive start to the season in terms of results, picking up points when we’re not at the top of our game. I’d certainly prefer that to the alternative.

Last season we lost all of: Saints (H), Chelsea (A), Wolves (A) and W Ham (A)
Using Brentford (A) as last season's equivalent of Forest (A) (came up as play off winners), we drew that game.

So 11 points this season vs 1 point last season in the corresponding games.

(or Norwich W, Burnley L, Watford W)

(We did do the double over City, so that could change things this year!)

Back