• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The January Centre Midfield thread

Have I got the rule mixed up?

I thought a player couldnt play for 3 different clubs in a 12month period?

Can be registered with 3 and play for 2 in the same season.

3. Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one
season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches
for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs
belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in
summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial
matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully
complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs

I don't think he has a very good attitude and went for the money. He joined Chelsea before they even knew who their manager would be etc for the following season so I don't see how they could have run through the squad plans and aims etc for next season with him properly.

Marin

He aint getting games for chelscum etc - he could be back up to either Lennon or Bale. Wouldnt be too costly - a few million.

I would take him in a heartbeat

I'm not convinced at all by Marin.

His whole reputation seems based on that one CL game against us, and being labelled by someone the 'new Ozil'.

He wasn't even getting in the Bremen side for large parts of his last 12/18 months there.

Posted this elsewhere and will post here also:

I assume we will not be able to sign Moutinho, simply because they are still in the CL.

Saw an article today suggesting that QPR could sell Granero; how does he compare to Moutinho? Are they comparable? Cheeky bid???

My wish list:

Ilkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund - Very unrealistic, but would be a perfect fit for our current midfield. Can run with the ball, but more notably unlock defenses with breathtaking through balls. Playing for one of the most exciting sides in the world I can't see him leaving for Spurs.

Philippe Coutinho - Internazionale - Very unrealistic, he is what Adel Taraabt could have been, and he will get better. I'd take him just for the entertainment, but Inter will not let him leave cheaply I am afraid.

João Moutinho - Porto - Possible, has been discussed to death allready and is the "safe bet" in the eyes of many, including myself.

Luka Modric - Real Madrid - No chance, but I'd have him back in a heartbeat. ;)

i'd go all out for eriksen if moutinho is unattainable.. eriksen is only twenty years old so has many years of improvement ahead of him, whereas we'd be taking moutinho in his prime and not get too much more (or resale value) in the long-term.

How would people feel about Diame as an option if we can't secure one of our primary targets?

Looked very good for Wigan and has done well for West Ham as well, reportedly has a very low release clause so he would be cheap. Perhaps he belongs more in the Bargain Hunter thread, but I think he's a pretty good player. Was surprised when West Ham were able to pick him up on a free this summer.

How would people feel about Diame as an option if we can't secure one of our primary targets?

Looked very good for Wigan and has done well for West Ham as well, reportedly has a very low release clause so he would be cheap. Perhaps he belongs more in the Bargain Hunter thread, but I think he's a pretty good player. Was surprised when West Ham were able to pick him up on a free this summer.

Would he be as good as Sandro, Dembele or Parker?
Not much of an upgrade and not neccesary imo

My wish list:

Ilkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund - Very unrealistic, but would be a perfect fit for our current midfield. Can run with the ball, but more notably unlock defenses with breathtaking through balls. Playing for one of the most exciting sides in the world I can't see him leaving for Spurs.

Philippe Coutinho - Internazionale - Very unrealistic, he is what Adel Taraabt could have been, and he will get better. I'd take him just for the entertainment, but Inter will not let him leave cheaply I am afraid.

João Moutinho - Porto - Possible, has been discussed to death allready and is the "safe bet" in the eyes of many, including myself.

Luka Modric - Real Madrid - No chance, but I'd have him back in a heartbeat. ;)

Gundogan(sp?) from Dortmund?

Coutinho from Inter?

2 young up and coming players who like to knock the ball about and have are technically similar to Luka. Whether they are gettable is another issue.

Copying me are you ;)

Back