• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Italian Football Thread

Cochise

Steve Carr
Some great goals this week from the Coppa Italia first leg games. I watched the full 90 of Roma vs Napoli and the football was at times brilliant, especially given the conditions they had to play in. Napoli seemed to cut through to Roma's defence very easily at times, but despite that lost 3-2 on the night with Gervinho bagging a brace, the second being a really good piece of one touch play between the Roma front three.

Best goal though was Vargas for Fiorentina.

Glad Arsenal didn't get Higuain, I think he would've completed them.

Gervinho looks world class in Italian football

He doesn't. He just looks good when playing consistently, like he did when at Lille. Gervinho was a good player until everyone drained the confidence out of him. I'd say Lamela is at the same level Gervinho was when at Arsenal.

Just seen the highlights, looked like a slight deflection on Inler's shot to me which just caused it to loop up. Coppa Italia 2nd legs this week should be a good watch although Valentines day will get in the way

'kin hell when i saw the photo i assumed it was the guy on the left and the other guy was his agent or something :lol:

That guy looks no where near 17, the face says it all, unless of course he has a hormonal problem. I said a similar thing when I saw Caster Semenya run for the first time, you just knew that something wasn't quite right.

On a seperate topic, what doe people think about Luis Muriel of Udinese? The commentators make a lot of noise about the lad and he does look a talent.

That guy looks no where near 17, the face says it all, unless of course he has a hormonal problem. I said a similar thing when I saw Caster Semenya run for the first time, you just knew that something wasn't quite right.

On a seperate topic, what doe people think about Luis Muriel of Udinese? The commentators make a lot of noise about the lad and he does look a talent.

In some parts of the world, Africa included, they don't register the passport births at the correct time so maybe he is a year or two older, maybe he is actually a little bit younger. Who knows! He'll have to put up with this for his whole career though like Obafami Martins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26162408

Lazio have threatened legal action against those who have questioned the legitimacy of the age of their 17-year-old Cameroonian player Joseph Minala.

The Italian side stated that his birth certificate is "absolutely legitimate".

Lazio added: "We reserve the right to take action against those responsible for the protection of the good name of the company and the footballer."

The midfielder also issued a statement via the club's website denying he told an African website he was 41.

He said: "I have read the alleged statements posted on the website senego.net in which it says I confessed my real age which was different to what was stated in my [official] documents.

"They are false statements that have been attributed to me by people who do not know."

Minala joined the Rome club last summer and recently played for them in the Viareggio Cup youth tournament.

Nevertheless mate, you still look like a grandad

Mario's goal lastnight and I loved his celebration hahah !!

[video=youtube;Zqcom-bfIM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqcom-bfIM8[/video]

AC Milan are absolutely awful in defence, I can not believe how far this club has fallen. I watched the game tonight and they were so bad in defence I honestly think we could bet them.

Inter Milan's president has confirmed that Javier Zanetti will retire at the end of this season to become an Inter director.

Class act and brilliant player =D> =D>

Back