• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Sure, he had tracing paper hamstrings, the lung capacity of a baby, and even looked like he was towing a caravan once the 60 minute mark hit BUT I am sure we'd all love some VDV in January!

:ross:=D>

Excellently put...if nothing else, mad maverick 20 min cameos...but unfortunately, I think his personality would crush some of the current squad.

Tbh you raise good points.

VDV was incredible for the first half an hour of a game, then he started to get tired.

I dont think its a coincidence that were lacking early goals this year now that VDV has left, infact the first goal vs WH was our first goal in the first half at home this year!

Tbh you raise good points.

VDV was incredible for the first half an hour of a game, then he started to get tired.

I dont think its a coincidence that were lacking early goals this year now that VDV has left, infact the first goal vs WH was our first goal in the first half at home this year!

That was the first "Premiership" goal in the first half that we've scored this season and it was so nearly scored in the second half, in terms of minutes that had expired.

I think he loves our club, I think he has an affection for us similar to that which he likely feels for Hamburg. I think he will return to us in some capacity in future whether as a coach or perhaps, and less likely, as a player.

Depends on why they left and the attitude they show towards the club oh and the reasons for their departure.

Modric made such a big fuss about wanting to leave that people went against him. I think he would be good back at the club with his World Class ability and I'd welcome him back but I can understand why some fans would be hostile to any such return. Berbatov was the same too.

VDV doesn't appear to have wanted to leave. If there was a reason then family reasons because of his wife are a lot more palatable than for us fans to think of our team as not being up to the standard of the selected player, especially given VDV's wife's prior health concerns.

Loved by those who see only their talents, reviled by those who see only their treacherous ways in instigating a move away from WHL.

Liverpool in advanced talks with Tom Ince. £6m the price apparently.

They let him go for free a few years back :ross:

Sure, he had tracing paper hamstrings, the lung capacity of a baby, and even looked like he was towing a caravan once the 60 minute mark hit BUT I am sure we'd all love some VDV in January!

Except that he used to be in the Top 3 distance covered stats in just about every game.

Last edited:
Liverpool in advanced talks with Tom Ince. £6m the price apparently.

They let him go for free a few years back :ross:

thats a fair price to buy him back for. Looks to be a big talent

It means the allegation of having zero stamina and 'the lunch capacity of a baby' is somewhat bizarre and largely unfounded

So you're telling me he never looked like he was dieing after the 60th minute? :lol: did you ever actually watch Spurs? Always blowing out his arse.

I want Rafa back really miss him, if he comes to the match tonight I hope he gets a good reception which I am sure he will

No, he never looked like he was 'dying' after 60mins - Redknapp used to take him off for his usual Jermain Defoe default 60min sub or to protect his hammies but it certainly didn't look like a stamina issue to me as further outlined in those stats.

A professional footballer, massive experience, played at the very top, with more than a decade in first team football not being able to last 90 mins - not buying that for one second.

He was class and his creative acumen is dearly missed in our final 3rd

He's apparently out till at least February, by his own admission.So probably just coming over to watch us v Liverpool or something.

Damn, and here I had my hopes up for a minute.

Back