• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham are hopeful of securing an agreement to buy Joao Moutinho in January after running out of time this summer.

Moutinho is a long-term target for Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, and the Portuguese tactician had looked like landing his man on transfer deadline day, after having a £25million bid accepted for his services.

However, after the transfer initially stalled over wage demands, Tottenham only finalised the transfer with minutes of the deadline left, and failed to get the paperwork to the FA in time to complete the deal.

The news left Villas-Boas understandably frustrated, but he has approached Porto over trying to broker an agreement so they can sign Moutinho in January.

Spurs are still willing to pay £25 million, and will give Porto extra if they sign an exclusivity contract, giving Villas-Boas the first option to buy Moutinho when the transfer window re-opens in the New Year.

The decision will come as a boost to Spurs fans, with the midfield looking a little short of cutting edge following the sale of Luka Modric to Real Madrid, despite the arrivals of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Moussa Dembele.

Tottenham will face competition to land Moutinho though, with Manchester United and AC Milan both keen on the player, who has nearly 50 caps for Portugal.

Chairman Daniel Levy is expected to fly to Porto within the next two weeks to hold further negotiations.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/911110-tottenham-trying-to-resurrect-joao-moutinho-move-for-january

But do they have an incentive to sell, now that Hulk has gone on to Russia?

I think Porto would be mad to sign this pre-deal with us, even though the player may want to join us, simply because of the fact that one of the sugar daddies may ome in for him in January and turn that 25 million into 40-50. But, same as before, if we manage to get him somehow, it would be a major coup for the club.

how about some local lads levy e.g. nathan dyer, sturridge... AVB likes the young 'uns as 3rd backups right?

But do they have an incentive to sell, now that Hulk has gone on to Russia?

I think Porto would be mad to sign this pre-deal with us, even though the player may want to join us, simply because of the fact that one of the sugar daddies may ome in for him in January and turn that 25 million into 40-50. But, same as before, if we manage to get him somehow, it would be a major coup for the club.

Agreed. They seem to rely on selling one big player a year. No need to rush into anything for a player who will get offers.

It could also depend on if they are still in the Champions League. If out they might be persuaded to sell, but if still involved why would they sell and why would he want to leave?

Sadly, the more we need him, the less likely he will come. If AVB is doing well he might be persuaded, while if struggling he might bide his time and see what else comes up.

Do it Daniel, Sign him up. Less stress in the Jan window, AVB will have his man and I'm sure it will please a lot of the fans too

I think we should forget about Moutinho. That chance had to be taken there and then and it wasn't.

If he does well for Porto:

A) They'll still be in the CL; why would he trade that for us?
B) Other CL clubs woukd likely be attracted to snap him up.

I'd be amazed if we are still in with a chance of signing him come January.

I find it strange that even Wikipedia can't decide whether his name is Moussa or Mousa. The title for the page is Moussa Dembele and then you get to see the first line which reads 'Mousa Sidi Yaya Dembélé'...??

I think we should forget about Moutinho. That chance had to be taken there and then and it wasn't.

If he does well for Porto:

A) They'll still be in the CL; why would he trade that for us?
B) Other CL clubs woukd likely be attracted to snap him up.

I'd be amazed if we are still in with a chance of signing him come January.[/QUOTE]

This is the crux of it, and really why we need to be doing it sooner than later.

I know its only Metro, but the link Jordinho posted mentions DL flying out to Portugal in the next 2 weeks. For me, thats the only chance we have. Strike while the irons still hot

If we were genuinely in for moutinho we wouldnt of opened negotiations with porto on deadline day which seems to be the general consensus. I came on here a week before the deadline and I still stand by it we ain't got a pot to tinkle in and any money we spend on buying players will be money we have brought in from player sales like it or not I don't care I'll still suppor spurs people might not like it but it's the truth these days we ain't Chelsea and we ain't Emirates Marketing Project!!

I'm sure they'll be the inevitable Leandro link. But inter won't want to let him go because there are some important Pre season friendlies coming up or some such nonsense.

January is a long way off, we should be focussing on turning the players we do have into a credible football team. Our squad is easily strong enough to qualify for CL.
Blaming poor performances on not having Moutinho is quite honestly ridiculous.

If we were genuinely in for moutinho we wouldnt of opened negotiations with porto on deadline day which seems to be the general consensus. I came on here a week before the deadline and I still stand by it we ain't got a pot to tinkle in and any money we spend on buying players will be money we have brought in from player sales like it or not I don't care I'll still suppor spurs people might not like it but it's the truth these days we ain't Chelsea and we ain't Emirates Marketing Project!!

absolutely true, and our next big spending splurge will come when we sell Bale, which judging by how this season has begun, might come along sooner than we had hoped

Back