• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'Hello, I'm New Here' Thread

Re: Hello

Couldn't find a new members thread.

Long time Spurs fan. Have a few stories from the old days.

Am convinced Bale will stay. Glad we got the EL. Love AVB.

We need a new lb and a creative mf. Plus 2 strikers.

Hate Ade.

That is me.

Welcome mate!

**slaps face**
**punches throat**
**kicks in gonad*s**
**knee to face**
**flushes head in toilet**

Welcome!

Good GHod Man, you forgot the wedgie!
We'll have all sorts wanting to get on the MB unless there is a good deterrent. Reinstate the wedgie NOW before we are overrun.

Come on the rest of you newbies, make yourself known and tell us a little about you.

Come on the rest of you newbies, make yourself known and tell us a little about you.

Yeh, come on.

Even if you've been kicked off another forum for a "nothing" offence, and want to come on here merely to let rip at that forum, telling us all what a bunch of ****s they are over there.

Not that that would happen anywhere, of course* :-"

*GG forum rules forbid the slagging of other forums. Don't do it, Or else.

Hello. I have lurked for awhile and even posted a couple times but still new I guess. I'm from Ohio and I got into football/Spurs around 2010. Now I am completely obsessed to the point where I wake up at 9 in the morning to watch the match on a grainy screen at my neighbors house every saturday/sunday (no wifi lol)
coys

Hello. I have lurked for awhile and even posted a couple times but still new I guess. I'm from Ohio and I got into football/Spurs around 2010. Now I am completely obsessed to the point where I wake up at 9 in the morning to watch the match on a grainy screen at my neighbors house every saturday/sunday (no wifi lol)
coys

(Belated) welcome.

Question for you:
Is "soccer" (ugh!) reaching levels of interest over there where it is starting to rival, or even threaten your more traditional sports? (Baseball, Gridiron, hockey, basketball etc) especially amongst the kids?

(Belated) welcome.

Question for you:
Is "soccer" (ugh!) reaching levels of interest over there where it is starting to rival, or even threaten your more traditional sports? (Baseball, Gridiron, hockey, basketball etc) especially amongst the kids?

Not really. Most of the growth can be seen in the more southern states with high hispanic populations. It's still seen as THE sport to ridicule here. I know people who don't follow any sports who claim to hate "sawker".
I have a couple friends into it though, but mostly they just like to play fifa.

Another newbie here, long time lurker (probably 10 years).

Off to the Lane tomorrow to play in a match as a guest of Under Armour. Too say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm 33 now and can't remember being this excited since Christmas Eve as a 10 year old.

Hopefully the opposition is made up of overweight middle aged men that I can dance around and smash at least one in the top corner so I can pull off a Bale-esque celebration.

I've played at some decent league and non-league grounds but nothing will compare to running out at WHL.

Will obviously do some digging and try and get info on new kits and any transfer rumblings and report back.

Another newbie here, long time lurker (probably 10 years).

Off to the Lane tomorrow to play in a match as a guest of Under Armour. Too say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm 33 now and can't remember being this excited since Christmas Eve as a 10 year old.

Hopefully the opposition is made up of overweight middle aged men that I can dance around and smash at least one in the top corner so I can pull off a Bale-esque celebration.

I've played at some decent league and non-league grounds but nothing will compare to running out at WHL.

Will obviously do some digging and try and get info on new kits and any transfer rumblings and report back.

sounds fun!.
post some pics and please ask UA for any news regarding the new shirt.

Hello all, yet another newbie here. From Ireland and have loved Spurs ever since my Dad brought me as a young lad. Great site and well done to all involved.

Hope to get over to the Lane for a few more games next year too. COYS!!!

Re: Whilst times are good...........remember the bad and feel even better

As I have finally come out of the lurker cupboard I though I might as well break the "start a thread" virginity too.

Being a spurs fan for over 30 years now and like most seasoned yids I have lots of good and a few bad memories of the lane. One bad experience I want to share and get off my chest and see if it will lose some of its pain.

23rd December 1978, Home v goons.

I had just started to visit the lane, via the pub, with my mates as a 16 year old, nothing unusual in that only my Dad is a lifelong Gooner.

I cant remember exactly when but i remember queuing up at a previous home match with my mate and we managed to get a couple of tickets each, my extra was for my dad.

When Dad went to footie he always ended up in the players lounge (yes they did exist) in Highbury as he was drinking buddies with Alan Sunderland, so he was slumming it on the Paxton road terrace with me and my mates.

I am not going into detail but we lost 0-5, Stapleton scored one, Brady scored a "classic" and Sunderland got a hat-trick, and so started 34 years of "He never took me again"

jI hope none of you have had this level of humiliation but would be interested in other peoples painful memories of the lane?

COYS

yeah...I remember that.

We had our possibly our worst defence ever..and a crap goalie.. Barry Daines

..sorry Barry!

we made them look better than wot they were...

It shows what a poor management training..non existant scouting staff....................we had..unfortunately..in the clubs not too far back in recent history.

Hello all, yet another newbie here. From Ireland and have loved Spurs ever since my Dad brought me as a young lad. Great site and well done to all involved.

Hope to get over to the Lane for a few more games next year too. COYS!!!

Welcome to the board

Re: Whilst times are good...........remember the bad and feel even better

yeah...I remember that.

We had our possibly our worst defence ever..and a crap goalie.. Barry Daines

..sorry Barry!

we made them look better than wot they were...

It shows what a poor management training..non existant scouting staff....................we had..unfortunately..in the clubs not too far back in recent history.

I was there too.

Not only was it a bad day, I got nicked at Kings Cross fighting Gooners too. :oops:

However, I got off when a mob of Chelsea came round the corner and started on the Old Bill!!!!
I ran like buggery to escape that day.

coys

Welcome where you from in Ohio?

coys

It's all downhill from here.
How come Spurs?

Back