• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'Hello, I'm New Here' Thread

Big John was my father and he was a doctor. He passed away from cancer almost a year ago. My father was a SPURS supporter from 1966 when he saw SPURS play. Growing up with him made me also a SPURS fan to and it´s one of the better things he done for me while he was alive. I, like Bgj John sr. am bringing my 2 girls up to be SPURS supporters an that has not been a problem.
I really respect you who rememberd my father!

=D>

Sorry to hear about your father mate, a credit to him for passing on the way of the Spurs down to you and your children.

Welcome aboard, what are your thoughts on our Great Dutch Hope Jan Vertonghen and in your opinion, how many badgers makes an OMT?

Word of advice, NEVER accept an invitation of any form from DFS or Chich.

Big John was my father and he was a doctor. He passed away from cancer almost a year ago. My father was a SPURS supporter from 1966 when he saw SPURS play. Growing up with him made me also a SPURS fan to and it´s one of the better things he done for me while he was alive. I, like Bgj John sr. am bringing my 2 girls up to be SPURS supporters an that has not been a problem.

Great to have you aboard mate...hope you enjoy the spirited debate and overall passionate support for our beloved football team. COYS!

Welcome BJJ. I recall your dad's name though must have been a long time ago.

Please accept this fern as a welcome gift.

Umbrella-fern-top.jpg

Terribly sorry to hear that mate - your dad was a very very decent bloke and a great contributor to this site back in the day.

*SLAP*

*KICK*

*WEDGIE*

*FISH SLAPPING DANCE*

*FLUSH HEAD DOWN TOILET*

*WELCOME*

Good to have you here :D

And a wedgie is a crucial part of the GG welcome.
It may explain why some of today's posters appear to have limited powers of expression: lack of a decent initiation ceremony.
In my day you had to saw off your thumbs just to get anywhere near the site.

Welcome Big John Jr, I remember your dad too, one of the very first names I remember from this site, condolenced on your loss but I'm sure he left you with many happy memories, I'm sure it's also comforting that with people on here remembering your dad he achieved his own little bit of immortality.

Hey Big John Jr, I remember your Dad's postings, he was a good bloke, I had no idea he had died.
Welcome to the forum and I'm sure we are all sorry for your loss.
RIP Big John

thankt to all for warm words re my father!! My ass hurts after all the kicking and my hair is full of arsenal (brick) atfer the toilet intro.

Hello Lurkers,

We can see you there watching in the shadows. Why not come and say hello? We promise that we will not bite and it'd be great to hear your views. To get you started why not say hello in this thread and answer these questions:

Who are you?
Where are you from?
How long have you supported Spurs?
How long have you been lurking on GG?
What are your hopes for the coming season?

If you want to remain in the shadows, that is cool too.

Cheers,
Milo

P.S. To keep this thread on topic, I will delete any posts by regulars

Re: Lurkers come and say hello

Who are you? Greg
Where are you from? Saudi Sportswashing Machine upon Tyne
How long have you supported Spurs? I don't
How long have you been lurking on GG? \o/
What are your hopes for the coming season? Saudi Sportswashing Machine to qualify for the Champions League and win a cup

Not a lurker as such, but by no means a regular poster, I will be hopefully posting more this season to enlighten everyone with my superior knowledge.

Who are you? Alex
Where are you from? Near Cambridge
How long have you been lurking on GG? Long enough to learn about badgers, OMT rules and other weird brick
What are your hopes for the coming season? No idea really. I just can't wait to get back to the Lane tomorrow. My first hope is that tomorrow is not one of those awful dour 0-0 draws or 1-0 losses where teams park the bus and score on the counter, and that we go out, score an early goal and have a nice comfortable win. Also can't wait to see the ovation for Ledley at half time. Should be emotional.

Who are you? Greg
Where are you from? Saudi Sportswashing Machine upon Tyne
How long have you supported Spurs? I don't
How long have you been lurking on GG? \o/
What are your hopes for the coming season? Saudi Sportswashing Machine to qualify for the Champions League and win a cup

fudge off!

Note to lurkers: This actually means I enjoy Greg as a poster and acknowledge his contribution to the thread.

fudge off!

Note to lurkers: This actually means I enjoy Greg as a poster and acknowledge his contribution to the thread.

Here's the confusing bit though, if I told Jordinho to "fudge off!", this would mean...

(a) I despise him
(b) A part of me dies every time I read one of his posts
(c) I would be put on post mod
(d) all of the above
(e) none of the above

Last edited:
Who are you? Graeme
Where are you from? Scarborough
How long have you supported Spurs? forever, first game away vs sheff utd, lost 2-0 Paul Stewart was brick that night - Hooked
How long have you been lurking on GG? 6/7 years
What are your hopes for the coming season? champions league qualification, hopefully a cup, sexy pressing football

Who are you? Josh
Where are you from? Yorkshire
How long have you supported Spurs? 22 years
How long have you been lurking on GG? A long time. Used to be a member here some ways back. Even have a T-shirt!
What are your hopes for the coming season? High hopes. Assuming two more signings in the next week, I almost expect top 4 with slight wonderings about pushing hard for top 2.

Back