• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I only watched as far ep7, but the message from the run of games they lost to Palace/Brighton/SCBC is that they absolutely bottled it.
As far as ep 7? There aren't any more than that. It was a really soft take on it. Their CEO even said it was a success!
Which is good imo, as that makes them happy with failure. Long may it continue!

They have started the season well, beat who they should be beating and play good aggressive attacking football and scoring goals. Look much better than us at the moment. I can see us losing against lesser teams again this season, we haven’t improved from last season.

They have started the season well, beat who they should be beating and play good aggressive attacking football and scoring goals. Look much better than us at the moment. I can see us losing against lesser teams again this season, we haven’t improved from last season.

The 3 games we've played so far we lost last season.

The 3 games we've played so far we lost last season.
they lost at palace didn’t they
But I’d have backed them in all 3 of their games so far as they played a very under cooked palace
An awful Lestah side and a naive and likely to get relegated Bournemouth

Last edited:
Then watch the Europa League and World Cup obliterate them.

Yes, the Europa League I think will be a killer for them. They did well last year largely because, similar to the first 3 weeks of this season, they had a full weeks prep whereas others had European games midweek. I think thats worth a good 10 points per season

They lack depth in their squad. They made 3 main signings this summer - Jesus, Zinchenko and Viera - and lost Lacazette (and some fringe players). The demands of the Europa probably means you need a lot more than 2 additional players. That's before you get on to the lack of depth at CF after Jesus

On contrast, I think we have decent depth now and can rotate some players in European weeks

Their opening run of fixtures is like it's been hand picked.
They should win their first six or seven comfortably.
They have most of their rivals at home first.
They also have four days in between their mid-week fixture coming up , both before hand and afterwards.
I believe they are the only team that his this advantage , including the team that they are playing mid-week, Aston Villa, who play West Ham on the Sunday before. The goons play on the Saturday and then the following Sunday , whereas Villa have Emirates Marketing Project ( of all teams) on the Saturday after their Wednesday midweek game against the goons.

Last edited:
Yes, the Europa League I think will be a killer for them. They did well last year largely because, similar to the first 3 weeks of this season, they had a full weeks prep whereas others had European games midweek. I think thats worth a good 10 points per season

They lack depth in their squad. They made 3 main signings this summer - Jesus, Zinchenko and Viera - and lost Lacazette (and some fringe players). The demands of the Europa probably means you need a lot more than 2 additional players. That's before you get on to the lack of depth at CF after Jesus

On contrast, I think we have decent depth now and can rotate some players in European weeks

Saliba came back from loan aswell. But agree that europa should hurt them. But we'll see. They've had a good start. But we were top of the league the same point last season.

I agree with the overall points of many here. Just three games, easier fixtures than most, fixture congestion will cause problems.

Not quite as confident as some on here about how much Arsenal will struggle later on in the season. And even if easier games, 9 points is good. We all know we, them, everyone will drop points at times in these games.

3 games in against beatable opposition, a CF who is on fire with a point to prove and avCB returning from a loan also with a point to prove.
The question is once Jesus starts playing twice a week can he keep the momentum going, how hard will Thursday night in Arseend of nowhere hit them and what depth have they got should a couple of players get injured.
I don't think they have the talent or depth to maintain an attack on 3 fronts (PL, EL & FA Cup) and a dip in form will see them come undone.

One thing we should hope for, Is that them starting quite well doesn't help them attract any further decent signings in the next 10 days or so. It's only 3 games against lower sides so it shouldn't really but you never know.
They have been linked to Neto today and I am sure they are actively searching to strengthen before the deadline.

They have improved with some signings, and when Tierney is fit that'll help.

But sorry, the problem is the manager is brick...it's the same old narrative from him if they win or lose. He's not articulate oer believable...it's the same old diatribe from a book.

I watched the last two episodes of All or Nothing last night....it just confirmed my thoughts.

3 games in against beatable opposition, a CF who is on fire with a point to prove and avCB returning from a loan also with a point to prove.
The question is once Jesus starts playing twice a week can he keep the momentum going, how hard will Thursday night in Arseend of nowhere hit them and what depth have they got should a couple of players get injured.
I don't think they have the talent or depth to maintain an attack on 3 fronts (PL, EL & FA Cup) and a dip in form will see them come undone.
I see they are also still playing Partey...that remains a cloud on the horizon that may cause them additional problems.

They have improved with some signings, and when Tierney is fit that'll help.

But sorry, the problem is the manager is brick...it's the same old narrative from him if they win or lose. He's not articulate oer believable...it's the same old diatribe from a book.

I watched the last two episodes of All or Nothing last night....it just confirmed my thoughts.

I hope you're right mate.

Wish I had your confidence on the matter.

Back