• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Cellbalos is probably going back to Spain.

If Aubamayeng doesn't stay thats a massive massive hole.

That back 3/4 is a joke.

Looks like they haven't got much money.

Chelsea will have their number in the final.

Cellbalos is probably going back to Spain.

If Aubamayeng doesn't stay thats a massive massive hole.

That back 3/4 is a joke.

Looks like they haven't got much money.

Chelsea will have their number in the final.

Don't say that. Please don't say that. You know how it goes...

Remember 2012. Chelsea fluke their way to a final with a manager later sacked by Aston f**king Villa in the Championship. They're effectively playing away to a strong Bayern Munich side in the final. They get battered and somehow get to pens. English team versus German team in a shootout. Only one possible winner there as history has shown...except when Tottenham are relying on said Germans to win a shoot-out to get CL football.

We'll finish 7th (thanks to Chelsea) and Arsenal will get our Europa place (thanks to Chelsea). It's written in the stars.

I used to make a big fuss out of finishing above them and message my Gooner supporting pals
Don't even bother now as it's just sort of expected
As somebody else said above, we've had an abysmal season yet still finished above them with a game to go

For those of you who don't want to watch the entire nine minutes of these two tacos, fast forward to where they run through every team who are above them in the league. There's a lot. It's around the 8 minute mark.

Yeah, and they still have their record 21st FA Cup final to play in. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed we are still above them, but let's wait until after the cup final to crow.

I don’t care about the FA Cup. League form us a truer indication of what a club is, and they are barely scraping top half.

It’s not about crowing, as our season has been a complete disaster, it’s about underlining that they are brick.

We have a had brick load of injuries to key players, them not so much. We have also been robbed by some terrible VAR decisions and still finished above those weak clams!

I really don't know how to assess Woolwich. I feel that Arteta is a very promising and visionary coach and will provide them with an identity and blueprint; they have a stack of very talented young players coming through so I could see them creating a similar narrative and trajectory to the one we were on under Poch initially. The way they played against City last weekend was concerning. I feel that the structure is in place and with three better defenders they would be a real threat to Top 4 next season particularly without any european football (should they not win the FA Cup).

In fact the parallels to Poch's first season are even more evident with the inconsistencies - we had flagship wins in 14/15 against Chelsea and Woolwich but were brought back to earth with some shockers too (0-1 v Villa; 0-3 at Stoke) so in summer 2015 we had no inclination we would do as we did in 15/16 and 16/17 - albeit this was in part down to a bit of a power vacuum at the top of the table that provided the opportunity for us (and Leicester) to gatecrash.

What they do with Cabellos and Aubameyang will be very intriguing. This time last year it appeared Cabellos saw his future in Madrid so only wanted to entertain a loan move (one of the reasons we didn't pursue the deal) . Aubameyang situation similar to Ozil and Sanchez a few years ago.....probably short-term gain is for them to re-sign him but could be another financial millstone around their necks when inevitably his physical attributes regress and they then cant get rid of someone on £300k p/w. Long-term may be best for all parties to sell for £50m this summer and reinvest. Nketiah looks worryingly good.

I think Auba leaving would mean they slash out big money on a goal scorer but who is available that can fill an Auba sizes whole? The guy is an elite finisher.

The defense is not grat either.

I really don't know how to assess Woolwich. I feel that Arteta is a very promising and visionary coach and will provide them with an identity and blueprint; they have a stack of very talented young players coming through so I could see them creating a similar narrative and trajectory to the one we were on under Poch initially. The way they played against City last weekend was concerning. I feel that the structure is in place and with three better defenders they would be a real threat to Top 4 next season particularly without any european football (should they not win the FA Cup).

In fact the parallels to Poch's first season are even more evident with the inconsistencies - we had flagship wins in 14/15 against Chelsea and Woolwich but were bought back to earth with some shockers too (0-1 v Villa; 0-3 at Stoke) so in summer 2015 we had no inclination we would do as we did in 15/16 and 16/17 - albeit this was in part down to a bit of a power vacuum at the top of the table that provided the opportunity for us (and Leicester) to gatecrash.

What they do with Cabellos and Aubameyang will be very intriguing. This time last year it appeared Cabellos saw his future in Madrid so only wanted to entertain a loan move (one of the reasons we didn't pursue the deal) . Aubameyang situation similar to Ozil and Sanchez a few years ago.....probably short-term gain is for them to re-sign him but could be another financial millstone around their necks when inevitably his physical attributes regress and they then cant get rid of someone on £300k p/w. Long-term may be best for all parties to sell for £50m this summer and reinvest. Nketiah looks worryingly good.
The league since Arteta took over:

1. Liverpool – 41 points
2. Emirates Marketing Project – 37 points
3. Man Utd – 37 points
4. Chelsea – 31 points
5. Arsenal – 30 points
6. Wolves – 29 points
7. Tottenham – 29 points
8. Southampton – 28 points
9. Everton – 27 points
10. Burnley – 27 points

I don’t care about the FA Cup. League form us a truer indication of what a club is, and they are barely scraping top half.

It’s not about crowing, as our season has been a complete disaster, it’s about underlining that they are brick.
Good to know that you and those who ‘liked’ your post are in the camp that winning trophies - at least the fa cup - isn’t that important!

In fact the parallels to Poch's first season are even more evident with the inconsistencies - we had flagship wins in 14/15 against Chelsea and Woolwich but were bought back to earth with some shockers too (0-1 v Villa; 0-3 at Stoke) so in summer 2015 we had no inclination we would do as we did in 15/16 and 16/17 - albeit this was in part down to a bit of a power vacuum at the top of the table that provided the opportunity for us (and Leicester) to gatecrash.

I think Woolwich recruit arrogant players with total self belief, whereas we seem to go for nice blokes who lack a bit of confidence. Mourinho hit the tickle my balls with a feather, we need to be nasty and have more assurance in the team and as individuals.

I think Woolwich recruit arrogant players with total self belief, whereas we seem to go for nice blokes who lack a bit of confidence. Mourinho hit the tickle my balls with a feather, we need to be nasty and have more assurance in the team and as individuals.

And the biggest fallover gerbil in Lacasette

Back