• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Sven Mislintat has revealed how Arsenal have dramatically changed their transfer strategy following his exit.

The German was hired as head of recruitment at Arsenal before leaving after just 14 months to become Stuttgart's sporting director.

Mislintat claims he was offered the role of technical director in north London before his departure, and says Arsenal's hierarchy now relies on agents offering players as opposed to the club going out and looking for new signings.

Mislintat was instrumental in the Gunners landing the likes of Matteo Guendouzi and Bernd Leno during his tenure.

But claims Arsenal no longer work "independently" in the transfer market.

"Last summer there were leadership changes at Arsenal," Mislintat told 11Freunde via Arseblog.

"It had actually been agreed that I would become technical director, so then I would be around the team on a daily basis.

"But the new leadership had their own agenda and other candidates. On top of that, we had different approaches.

"Previously we had a strong systematic approach to transfers, a mixture of watching things live as well as quality data and video analysis, Arsenal actually owns their own data company.

"That meant that we acted independently, we knew about all markets and players in all positions that came into question.

"However, the new leadership work more strongly with what they are offered from clubs or agents through their own networks."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...n-mislintat-reveals-details-arsenals-18349191

All I've seen on twitter today is Gooner helmets mainly that Mr DT wifebeater bloke going on about how they have got one over on us and shows how they are a different level to us, well obviously they are as the EL is one step below the CL

They have spent £30m on a defender they wont have till next year and signed a player who has come out and said he has intention on staying past this season

Whilst we've signed N'Dombele, and more than likely Sessegnon and Lo Celso

They really are dumb

Ceballos confirmed to Arsenal. 1 year loan deal and the Arsenal fans are hailing it as a coup because he didn't come to Spurs. D luded.

Can we agree a line on this when talking with Gooners? Firstly, we say that he is a really promising player. Then we follow up with asking what fee they've agreed with Madrid for his permanent transfer at the end of the season.
Can follow up with that we are happy for them, managing to get a loan deal for our 4th choice target.

I've got a mate who I met just after Campbell joined the other lot. I saw him every day and every day he would say to me "at least you got a decent fee for him". It hit the button every time but he was so good at playing it straight. I think that is what we do here.

Could also put in there that the last loan signing they made from Spain made it a no brainer to continue in that vein:

Arsenal-complete-loan-signing-of-Spanish-midfielder-Denis-Suarez-from-Barcelona-Photos.jpg

Back