1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

The Goon Thread

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Jordinho, 14 Jan 2012.

1. Scoopage

Scoopage Kevin-Prince Boateng

Shouldn't that be fighting in inverted commas?
    Come at me Bruv!

nayenezgani likes this.
  2. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

You mean Thursday?

90291Spur, Pandy, mephitis and 3 others like this.
  3. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Mauricio Taricco

"I attend every match, therefore I'm entitled to be as big a clam as I like. fudge rationality."

Brilliant.

galeforce likes this.
  4. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Mauricio Taricco

That bald clam just liked being cuddled by his mate. "Hold me back, I'll do you clam!" Falls over in loving embrace.

Seriously though how do people wind themselves up so much? I'll never understand it or relate. Could never get that angry at another human let alone a stranger.

AuroRaman, harr1984 and mephitis like this.
  5. mephitis

mephitis Ramon Vega

I'd like to take that challenge! ;)

DTA, harr1984 and nayenezgani like this.
  6. GPRD81

GPRD81 Nico Claesen

7. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

The great great thing about the slippery slope those clams are on is that we're on the upward escalator looking over revelling in the demise.... realistically it's a massive coincidence the two things are happening at the same time.

It didn't have to be this way. But it is :D

8. Daisuk

Daisuk Frederic Kanoute

Hahahhahahha.

9. GPRD81

GPRD81 Nico Claesen

This is now the 3rd season in which they've failed to qualify for the champions league. Since 2014 they are the only one of the top 6 to miss out for 3 consecutive seasons.

During that period all the others, except City, have had at least one season out of the CL but it rarely seems to have affected their ability to attract high-quality players (Man U - Pogba; Woolwich - Aubameyang) or to keep their best ones (Chelsea - Hazard). In fact being in the CL seems to have little consequence as Liverpool lost Coutinho, Sterling and Suarez having qualified for CL.

However, this is now 3 seasons away for Woolwich. Lacazette and Aubameyang must surely have higher aspirations than Europa League but will depend how content they are on their current salary. Will probably depend whether they can get obtain a higher wage at one of the elite clubs - PSG, Bayern, Juve, Atheltico, Barca or RM (or City).

It should be a major advantage for us to be the only london based side in the champions league with the capability of buying players.

Woolwich will have to shop in a different market now and you'd say they desperately need reinforcements in defence and central midfield. Since Koscielney in 2010 they really haven't signed any outstanding defenders - Mertersecker was ok and Sokratis has been a reasonable stop gap but Mustafi and Gabriel were both signed as potential first choice CB's but have been awful and Callum Chambers has not yet lived up to his potential - perhaps Rob Holding will come of age? Since this time we have bought Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Sanchez - all of whom would walk into the Woolwich defence. Koscielney is now 33 so they probably need 2 new CB's. They will have to shop cleverly and hope that they dont face competition from Liverpool, City or us (and possibly Man U too).

10. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

Crack me up Robbie........can't even bring himself to say the word. Liverpool Emirates Marketing Project Chelsea Man u Leicester Wolves Everton......

And the 'get the cheque book out' mantra :)

11. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

I love the way he cant even bring himself to look into the camera when he's screwing his customers.

12. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Walsh

13. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Mitchell Thomas

14. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Justin Edinburgh

He doesn’t half drone on, could have said all that in 2 minutes instead of 10!

Aldo likes this.
  15. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

That is outstanding.

Long gone are the days of Chesney pandering to the fans. Now it’s just ‘knife in the heart’ and ‘see ya laters, losers!’

16. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

Their owners are brick but we know that it's a long journey back after overthrowing your owners.

I hope that they have to go through everything that we have. I'll have time for any Gooner left after that.

Daisuk likes this.
  17. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

haha, reminds me of this:

18. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

19. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

Emery referred to as Bruce Rioja, fair play, that’s funny.

milo, the dza and Jon like this.
  20. Alaric

Alaric Sean Davis

A part of me wishes I were Stan Kroenke, so I could slowly, remorselessly torture them with ever bricker players, until they settle around 16th in the league forever.

In answer to the question "Where was Stan Kroenke" here is a multiple choice:

A) Sitting at home, utterly crestfallen because the club he loves has lost the Europa League Final
    B) Convening an emergency meeting of his entire business team to cope with DT's next banner
    C) Liquidating all of his assets in an effort to appease Troopz's demands for investment in new players
    D) Counting his money, having forgotten he owns an English football club

scaramanga and Jon like this.