• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

FWIW... being stuck in Europa League purgatory cost them about £23million last season.

View attachment 5750

And they’re now burning through their (infamous) cash reserves to try and catch back up with us...

View attachment 5751

Another few seasons of being a Europa League team and they surely will not be able to justify match-day prices (highest in the country), which will lower their revenue further still.

Another few seasons of being a Europa League team and they surely will not be able to justify match-day prices (highest in the country), which will lower their revenue further still.

We still charged a fortune when we were average. They don't seem to have a problem selling tickets, it's getting season ticket holders to turn up that seems to be difficult.

We still charged a fortune when we were average. They don't seem to have a problem selling tickets, it's getting season ticket holders to turn up that seems to be difficult.

I wonder how long that will keep up though. They, as fans, were sold on the new stadium putting them amongst the elite clubs and paying the top money for tickets is part of that. Now they are talking about only being able to afford to sign players on loan and don't show any sign of competing for a top 4 place. The club is going backwards and however average we were, I don't think the club ever really broke a promise to the fans in the way that Arsenal have under the ownership of Kroenke. Eventually, I think there might be a fan movement against his ownership, but we'll see.

I wonder how long that will keep up though. They, as fans, were sold on the new stadium putting them amongst the elite clubs and paying the top money for tickets is part of that. Now they are talking about only being able to afford to sign players on loan and don't show any sign of competing for a top 4 place. The club is going backwards and however average we were, I don't think the club ever really broke a promise to the fans in the way that Arsenal have under the ownership of Kroenke. Eventually, I think there might be a fan movement against his ownership, but we'll see.

Usmanov who has billions couldn't dislodge kronke, you think the blud fam revolt consisting of idiots that call themselves "Troopz" etc will be able to do anything? Arf arf arf

Usmanov who has billions couldn't dislodge kronke, you think the blud fam revolt consisting of idiots that call themselves "Troopz" etc will be able to do anything? Arf arf arf

You are probably right, but it might not stop them from trying.

They have a big fanbase and the stadium is in a good location. It will be the drop in TV revenue that hits them long before match day.

Now comes even merrier news that their recruitment genius, Sven Mislintat, is about to leave after finding his route to technical director blocked by more boardroom gonad*s. They can't win now and they won't have a decent scouting department to help them win tomorrow.

That shadow is shrinking daily.

Rumour from the Guardian.....

With transfer guru Sven Mislintat heading for the hills, Stan Kroenke slamming shut the war chest and £350,000-a-week man Mesut Özil marooned on his sofa, Arsenal fans have gone into meltdown mode. But wait! James Rodríguez could be about to jet in and calm the tensions.

Colombia’s 2012 World Cup hero is in the second season of a two-year loan spell at Bayern Munich but the Bundesliga champions are not too fussed about making the move permanent for £39.5m, and he would happily pack his bags for London if Arsenal can cover the remaining £3m of the £11.5m loan fee Bayern agreed with Real Madrid.

“If you walk into Harrods you don’t expect to see stuff from Poundland”
always had a soft spot for claude

just when you think the goons are on an upswing, you have a look behind the curtain and it appears they're in as much disarray as ever.

Carl Jenkinson ......5 yr deal £62,000 a week ........and as for Ozil, they had ages to assess whether to go balls deep on a new contract for him, but it only takes 5 minutes to know he's a flaky f.cker....£320k a week, deary deary me. He the complete opposite to the kind of player that may be worth that.

I always enjoyed the stories about Ozil tinkling off his Real Madrid team mates by jetting off to Milan or Paris the minute he'd finished a match to bang his girlfriend, the lovely Aida Yespica, a former Miss Venezuela. He'd often need a few days to re-acquire his 'A' game.

Now, he's supposedly stable and happy with another woman. But I'll bet he's still up to his old tricks playing the field.

What an exchange we got for that Welsh full back. Not just Eriksen and Lamela, with five additional cashable footballer tokens, but also the poisoning of Woolwich with that oddster clogging up their wage bill and disrupting their squad, so that Madrid could find the cash. And to think that we were sad at the time.

Back