• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Have to agree - but I don’t see too much wrong with them if Emery can get that defence playing like Sunday long term.
Much better than last season that’s for sure. But they truly didn’t need much sorting and they have MONEY.
But will Gazidis spend, if they do they can go further.

He will struggle as their not that good as players

Socrates was smashed by us last season wasn’t he? Looked solid last weekend but that won’t last INO

Have to agree - but I don’t see too much wrong with them if Emery can get that defence playing like Sunday long term.
Much better than last season that’s for sure. But they truly didn’t need much sorting and they have MONEY.
Gazidis went to AC Milan

Don't think much has changed in terms of real output tbh.

They're still miles off Emirates Marketing Project, and competing for top 4. you could argue they werent over the last 2 years, but the reality is, they would have gotten back into the top 4 at some point under wenger too.

people love to read too much into tactics and tactical changes that a new manager brings, but the reality is, the players at arsenal have shown their level over the past 5, 10 years. and no tactical tinkering will suddenly make them any better. at some point, its about pumping money in so that you can bring in real superstar players to take you to the next level, and arsenal wont do that (of all football fans, we should know this too).

Disappointed as I am Emery has exceeded my expectations. I thought he was on a hiding to nothing following such a long established manager and taking on squad known for its mental frailties and lack of steel. Oh and Özil on a fresh new ridiculous contract. As much as I don’t want to, so far I quite like Emery and think he’s done a good job, whist making little fuss about what he is doing unlike some of the other managers who seem to adore the media side of the job.

I just hope some of the mentality issues under Wenger are deeply ingrained in the squad and the fans and board become impatient if they don’t make CL this year. It’s also an entirely different challenge balancing a top 4 tilt and CL as there isn’t the gulf between the top 4 teams and the rest back in the Sky 4 days.

A lot of people not named Norf have over-reacted - up or down - over Arsenal's 4-2 derby win. Spurs were bagged after those two demanding games in the days before. Games that Pochettino says "we suffered" in order to win. The derby was always shaping up to be the toughest game to get a result from.

In many ways, the result and the spiky atmosphere will only help galvanise Spurs moving forward.

Just like with Walker, I really have no issues with sportsmen taking recreational drugs, so long as they have no positive effects on performance. Laughing gas is perfectly legal and very mild too - they might as well have tried smoking dried banana skins, like all good 80/90s suburban schoolboys tried.

I'd even defend Arsenal players against the Mary Whitehouse press

I'd even defend Arsenal players against the Mary Whitehouse press

Even if you have defensive midfielder skills like peak Wanyama crossed with Kante, you will not be able to protect them from Mary’s patented pressing tactic.

She fine honed it whilst working under Pep and Cryuff in the 80’s and combines a combination of Guardiola’s inverted full back method to create an overload of the opposition midfield channels, then applies high energy vertical pressure in waves, across the width of the attacking third (a la Jurgen Klopp’s Rock and Roll football gegenpress).

Combined with Mary’s dedication to Sarri-like possession, without compromising the overall fluency of the Whitehouse Press, make it practically indefensible - even with your talents GB!

Thank fudge we don’t have to hear about their unbeaten run anymore. Hopefully they will drop points at Liverpool too in a couple of weeks and we can pull further clear of them.

Beating them on Wednesday could get them under a bit of pressure for the first time this season, going into a busy run of games. Let's ruin the qunts.

Just see they will have to play their Europa league last 32 home game on a Wednesday at 17:00 as Chelsea will play at home on the Thursday.
Can’t wait to hear them moan about this...

Beating them on Wednesday could get them under a bit of pressure for the first time this season, going into a busy run of games. Let's ruin the qunts.

This, people forget even in the last years of Wenger the Scum have a habit of doing a great run for 1/3 - 1/2 season then fudging it up ...

They just have had their good run of season, to see if the new manager has anything different, it's the 2nd half of season that counts.

Back