• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Or style over substance ...

Fulham are a likebable club but one that needs some quick thinking ASAP to keep them up

I even rate their manager

Wolves have an embedded style, they have also signed loads of players and look way ahead of Fulham who the. Are uo with because they have adapted

Wolves are a vastly superior team, as they were last year, and havent "adapted" at all. They have carried on playing how they were playing in the Championship. Which was premiership quality - their manager looks the real deal (was at Valencia before Wolves if memory serves).

Im not saying Fulham are especially good, or will stay up, or any of that - simply that they have a set up which they are honouring.

That xG is a load of rubbish then isn’t it? Goons were well worthy of the big win yesterday, if the stats say otherwise for the game, then like you say, you have to question them.

You do relise that you will get the stats junkies on you case now, blasphemy sir, blasphemy.

Wolves are a vastly superior team, as they were last year, and havent "adapted" at all. They have carried on playing how they were playing in the Championship. Which was premiership quality - their manager looks the real deal (was at Valencia before Wolves if memory serves).

Im not saying Fulham are especially good, or will stay up, or any of that - simply that they have a set up which they are honouring.

Brentford are very similar but their player are the next level down from Fulham

xG isn’t about run of play and ball possession though, it’s about the position a player is in relative to the goal (and defenders) when attempting to score.

If two teams only manage one shot on goal each in a game and both score, the team who knocked in a 1 yard tap in will have a much higher xG than the team who scored a screamer from 40 yards out.

And if Arsenal are putting away all of their chances at the moment, you cannot expect them to continue doing that over the whole season.

Paul Merson has tempered enthusiasm regarding Arsenal's progress, predicting they will be on the end of a thrashing soon due to their poor defence.

Arsenal made it nine wins in a row in all competitions in emphatic fashion with a stylish display in a 5-1 victory at Fulham on Sunday.

The Gunners moved level on points with Tottenham and are just two points off the top three of Liverpool, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

Despite their impressive run of results under Unai Emery, Merson sees a big gap between Arsenal and the teams above them due to their lack of stability at the back.

"Sooner or later they will be on the end of a big score - defensively they are all over the place," he told The Debate.

"The one thing that gets them out of trouble is that they're always going to score goals. But defensively, they are just not good enough."

The Gunners fans were in full voice during the Fulham win, singing "we've got our Arsenal back" - a nod towards the positive work done by Emery since replacing Arsene Wenger.

Craig Bellamy joined Merson as a guest on The Debate and he was confused by the chant.

He said: "Arsenal were brilliant under George Graham, then Arsene Wenger took them onto another level. But because the last few years haven't been as good, they [Arsenal fans] think they've got their club back? I don't get it

"I've not understood Arsenal fans for the last three or four years. Arsenal are an unbelievable football club. They've always had a certain class about them, incredible, the marble everywhere at Highbury, there was a certain standard about that football club.

"The fans were always switched onto everything but in the last few years they've disappointed me - maybe that's just where football is now. Every club that has won a trophy believes they have a right to win all the time."

Guendouzi Is an excellent young player would like him at Spurs.
Ozel was back to his best at the weekend.
Thier defence, isn’t.

Guendouzi Is an excellent young player would like him at Spurs.

I thought he looked rubbish. Has that air of a player that isnt fully in control. Limbs everywhere, loose control, no real purpose in what he is doing - things just sort of happen and he is as surprised as the rest of them!

I saw nothing in him that appealed to me. Torreira (?) looked tidy though.

Agreed the Uruguayan is the player they needed, looks tidy apparently started as a winger and moved to DCM recently.

Xchaca ? could have got his red as could the CB holding - they should have had a Penalty against them and LC hit the wood work (twice?) - cant argue with the results and when they going they are impressive but I still don't think they are a good team, worrying that they are winning while they work on becoming one. Play Liverpool in a couple of weeks so may see how good they are then.

I thought he looked rubbish. Has that air of a player that isnt fully in control. Limbs everywhere, loose control, no real purpose in what he is doing - things just sort of happen and he is as surprised as the rest of them!

I saw nothing in him that appealed to me. Torreira (?) looked tidy though.

Not a patch on Mark ‘Modric’ Noble?

Was he not particularly dreadful in their last game?

You surprised me with your Guendouzi thoughts, I was impressed.

Back