• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Think you can tell by the business they done this summer it's essentially a trial season for Emery - patch up the obvious areas of weakness with bargin buys and give him the chances to assess the squad (and for the board to assess him)

Be surprised if they finish higher than 6th but if Mourinhio has a meltdown they could sneak 5th

Same as last season, they have a front line that is among the best in the country - and they are happy to bully lesser teams. That should keep them within reach of the top 4.

I think its unlikely they get in, but theyll be hanging around like a bad smell, as all the time they are in touching distance who knows?

if ever a match didnt reflect the scoreline, it was this, i lost count of the chances stoke had/the marginal offsides which weren't shown on MOTD highlights, spammers lost Arnautovic at the worst possible time, i've never seen woolwich look so open in all 3 games this season, they'll be lucky to qualify for the europa at this rate.

if ever a match didnt reflect the scoreline, it was this, i lost count of the chances stoke had/the marginal offsides which weren't shown on MOTD highlights, spammers lost Arnautovic at the worst possible time, i've never seen woolwich look so open in all 3 games this season, they'll be lucky to qualify for the europa at this rate.
West Ham we’re unlucky.

He seems to be a manager who struggles to adapt his tactics to the players that he has available.

He seems to be a manager who struggles to adapt his tactics to the players that he has available.

I think it’s reasonable to use a few games to see if the players can be adapted to his preferred system, if he’s successful most of these players will be replaced anyway.

I think it’s reasonable to use a few games to see if the players can be adapted to his preferred system, if he’s successful most of these players will be replaced anyway.

I think that you are probably right, he could well be doing what Poch did when he first came in.

That is the way i see it as well, see what he has and get rid of those who will/can not fit his way of playing.

Mesut Ozil threw a sickie at training on Friday after Unai Emery revealed he would play his Arsenal stars in a different role against West Ham.
Mesut Ozil is already battling for his Arsenal future as Unai Emery has made it clear that he expects more in terms of work-rate from the club's biggest star.

Mesut Ozil threw a sickie at training on Friday after Unai Emery revealed he would play his Arsenal stars in a different role against West Ham.
Mesut Ozil is already battling for his Arsenal future as Unai Emery has made it clear that he expects more in terms of work-rate from the club's biggest star.
Didn't he just sign a new mega deal? Unsellable. Loan to Turkish club paying half his wages.

That is the way i see it as well, see what he has and get rid of those who will/can not fit his way of playing.

The question is, who does he have to replace them with until next summer. Poch was lucky with us that he had a load of good, hungry kids.

Anyone claiming that paying our top earners a fortune won't affect what the dross get paid need look no further than that dumpster fire of a club.
It's absolutely mental! He's about as dependable as Wheelchair, and when fit, he isn't even a certain starter!
Fair play to him for rejecting it though. He's not gonna get anywhere near that at any other club. He'll probably end up at Cardiff.

It's absolutely mental! He's about as dependable as Wheelchair, and when fit, he isn't even a certain starter!
Fair play to him for rejecting it though. He's not gonna get anywhere near that at any other club. He'll probably end up at Cardiff.

Dean Saunders thinks he could play for any top team and was a star for Wales in the Euros.

Back