• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Wenger has been wonderful as a manager and other that the odd bouts of myopia and garment wars has been a gentleman to.
I will miss him. and so will arsenal.
Really? Like when he squared to BMJ and Pardew? Like he constant myopia and whinging? He has been a determined, single-minded winner who would do what it took to get the victory. But perhaps there are differing definitions of what a gentleman is (thank fcuk there's no difference of opinion on what a 'winning mentality' is).

And I hope they get Brenton and not someone good and finally fall into the negative spiral.

Really? Like when he squared to BMJ and Pardew? Like he constant myopia and whinging? He has been a determined, single-minded winner who would do what it took to get the victory. But perhaps there are differing definitions of what a gentleman is (thank fcuk there's no difference of opinion on what a 'winning mentality' is).

And I hope they get Brenton and not someone good and finally fall into the negative spiral.

Yeah i don't buy this Wenger the class act gonad*s - one of the most petulant tossers in the game

Good riddance .. and may the transition pains last for years.

- Wenger was lighting bolt moment for them, lots of luck and timing. Pre advent of modern managers in PL, pre money doping clubs, the onset of PL & CL money to create the gap to rest, good (if dubious) partnership with Dien and the inheritance of a solid defensive unit, plus his knowledge of French players. Lots of brick went right, and they got a really good 12+ years out of it, as each of those factors faded or became less relevant, they slipped back.

He was just a manager, nothing more, probably milked his credit a bit more than he should have due to past results, I'll endure the tossfest in the media for next two months.

Really hope they misstep on the next appointment, would be hilarious to see them rotate through a few managers in next couple of years.

Strange for the wonderful press to link him... or just typical lazy journalism

If I was better I’d go for the young ananhe. At Hoffenheim Nagelsmann

Ticks a lot of boxes and is a project type manager which they need

Yeah an unknown German that their new technical directors will have the inside scoop on is a strong possibility as is the German manager himself but im not sure they would want to wait till after the WC for him to make a start on things

i feel sorry for the incumbent, will probably be a moyes situation all over again, I'd love wenger to go to matches like fergie does to give the new guy that added pressure he doesn't want, I'm thinking words here like "transition", "rebuilding", "development" regardless of who they appoint and no more sellouts at the death star (however they fabricate the figures) for a long time, better the devil you know.......

Back