• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I was always amazed at people salivating over Ozil's move to Arsenal. He was overpriced and overated in my book and certainly not the player that was suddenly going to turn them into winners.

I was always amazed at people salivating over Ozil's move to Arsenal. He was overpriced and overated in my book and certainly not the player that was suddenly going to turn them into winners.

initially looked like he did though, they started this season as twice the side that finished the last one

must have been Flamini

initially looked like he did though, they started this season as twice the side that finished the last one

must have been Flamini

Think it was more to do with Ramsey having a sensational first few months of the season and scoring a bucketload in the process.

must have been Flamini

It was Ramsey. The guy looked like graduated from the Luka Modric school of shooting until this season where every shot he has either goes in or looks like it's going in. His improvement has been remarkable.

Ramsey was injured in November I think right? On the old fantasy football league he was still the top scoring midfielder a month after that and he is still fourth in that section today. The lad really was having one hell of a season

Ramsey played his last league game on Boxing Day, thankfully for us... Up till then he was ARSEnal' top scorer, top assister and top tackler!

Twitter / FootballFunnys: Ouch.
BgEPaFtCUAAMhBT.jpg

Seriously, I may be getting ahead of myself but that match is a must win for us. We can take so much more from it than just the three points. It could be the game that pushes us on and one that deals them a hammer blow.

I think people are getting ahead of themselves with this joyful doom & gloom for the ****.

Utd will be a home win.

They do OK in Europe usually and have no realistic expectation of beating Bayern over two legs so is a no-lose situation in some ways. The games against City & Chelsea - I can see a home draw against City there at least and 4 points from the games against us and Everton.

It may be curtains for the tite or CL but they won't be so derailed that top 4 is beyond them (despite what Redknapp says)

Seriously, I may be getting ahead of myself but that match is a must win for us. We can take so much more from it than just the three points. It could be the game that pushes us on and one that deals them a hammer blow.

send them into that negative spiral...

I think people are getting ahead of themselves with this joyful doom & gloom for the ****.

Utd will be a home win.

They do OK in Europe usually and have no realistic expectation of beating Bayern over two legs so is a no-lose situation in some ways. The games against City & Chelsea - I can see a home draw against City there at least and 4 points from the games against us and Everton.

It may be curtains for the tite or CL but they won't be so derailed that top 4 is beyond them (despite what Redknapp says)

Totally agree they can have a little wobble and still finish in top 3 it's a shame but clutching at straws to think they are going to implode.

Utd will be a home win.

I think you overestimate the certainty of a very good team beating a good team in a single game.

Totally agree they can have a little wobble and still finish in top 3 it's a shame but clutching at straws to think they are going to implode.

Clutching at straws, perhaps. Optimistic, almost certainly. But I think there's a chance at least although they're obviously massive favourites to finish in the top 4 and still an outsider for the title.

The league is still fairly close, the difference in points between the little wobble and finishing in the top 3 and the "implosion" needed to drop a little further down isn't all that big.

They won't be winning the title anyway. Haven't got enough to see it through over the final stretch. Saturday will have given them a bit of a winding and unless they can manage to beat Man Utd on wednesday then they could start to slip behind the other two. As it is, I think they will comfortably finish 3rd, 6-7 points clear of 4th but a similar number behind 2nd.

As for our game with them, well a win for us really would finish them off in terms of the title imo. By the time that comes around a small gap will probably have opened and we can just put the final boot in. Whether that gives us impetus to kick on is another matter, I think we will finish 6th personally unless we are relatively close to Liverpool after the game with them on March 30th.

We've all been there before, let's not build it up too much. Sod what happens to them lot, it's just another must win.

Back