• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

poor old Arsene, probably missing the days when uncle David could grease the wheels at the FA in their favor

I can't believe they have played more games than Chelsea in the last 5 years.

Chelsea have progressed further in CL almost every season 9last year more games via EL), progressed further in FA Cup and in the League cup. City less in Europe by what 2 games but better in FA/League Cup.

Can't see how the stats add up myself.

Having to play the CL qualifying round maybe?

45 million a year sponsorship with puma.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

A slightly less astronomical £30m a year from what I've read... still dwarfs our £10m a year deal with Under Armour though.

Twitter / br_uk: The financial implications of Arsenal's new kit deal with Puma (graphic via @behnisch)
BfApg0lCcAASe1a.png

Whinger on Flamini:

"To me it looked harsh. He got the ball. At some stage you have all the feet off the ground, when you want to run you need to put your feet off the ground," said Wenger.
"If you say every time a guy who makes a two-footed tackle it is a red card, he deserves a red card. If you say, 'Was it a violent tackle?', I'd say no because he played the ball. But the referee made this decision and we have to cope with it."

The f ucking balls on this guy.

Whinger on Flamini:

"To me it looked harsh. He got the ball. At some stage you have all the feet off the ground, when you want to run you need to put your feet off the ground," said Wenger.
"If you say every time a guy who makes a two-footed tackle it is a red card, he deserves a red card. If you say, 'Was it a violent tackle?', I'd say no because he played the ball. But the referee made this decision and we have to cope with it."

He needs to remember this when someone mows down one of his players.

Had that have been on one of his players he'd be going mad about how dangerous it is and the tackle should be outlawed.

You only have to look at the arsenal v Chelsea game, the two worst challenges by a distance and should / could have been straight reds were both made by rosicky, yet wenger engineers the whole talking points afterwards in the press to be a 50/50 challenge made by mikel. Mourinho was completely right (as we all knew anyway) arsenal just like to cry, feel hard done by over made up stats and innocuous challenges and deflect the blame whenever they do similar or usually worse. Their fans are a clone of wenger's attitude, so lacking in self awareness!

Very dangerous. If the Soton player had had his foot on the ground, and had Flamini hit his shin, we'd be looking at another Eduardo type injury here. Good decision.

ImpossibleWhichCopperhead.gif

Whinger on Flamini:

but not two feet, studs up, off the ground, lunging in, out of control. even if you get the ball first, you can still go through or over the top of it straight into the opponents shins. it's a red all week long.

no-one has an issue with a slide tackle from the side where contact with the ball is made with the instep or top of the foot.

Back