• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Re: Lets not laugh at the other North London club 2013/2014

£10 million for Cabaye is beyond a joke. Who would offer that!? That surely would create a rift between clubs.

I don't agree with him on Mertesacker and Arteta though, they've been good signings.

for a club like Arse who should be fighting for the title they are not up to the required standard

for a club like Arse who should be fighting for the title they are not up to the required standard

Even if Wenger shouts about going for the title in the last two-three years, I think the club has been resigned to secure a CL spot, and fight for some domestic cup titles. What has happened this summer is quite unbelivable. The main thing could be that they was stupid enough to say they had £70 mill to buy players for...

gif1.gif

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 34m
Spurs are leaving us for dead in this transfer window. Maybe we should just sign Daniel Levy and be done with it. #afc

Spurs are leaving us for dead in this transfer window. Maybe we should just sign Daniel Levy and be done with it. #afc

:lol:

Given how difficult it seems to be for other clubs to sign our players, can you imagine how difficult signing Levy would be given that you'd have to negotiate with Levy himself?

"I'm not letting myself go cheaply, even if my head's been turned. 50 million + David Dein or tinkle off."

Who is this Uncle Mike on Arsemania? I know he's from the U.S.A that is all. If I was a true goon fan, I would have done something to him by now (not a good thing)

:lol:

Given how difficult it seems to be for other clubs to sign our players, can you imagine how difficult signing Levy would be given that you'd have to negotiate with Levy himself?

"I'm not letting myself go cheaply, even if my head's been turned. 50 million + David Dein or tinkle off."

****ing funny.

:ross:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger defends his side's transfer policy after a bid of around £10m for Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfielder Yohan Cabaye was dismissed as "derisory" and "disrespectful" by the Magpies.

"We don't want to hurt anybody, not Saudi Sportswashing Machine, not anybody, said Wenger.

"You can't reproach us on one side for not buying and yet on the other side when we try to buy to reproach us as well. That is a bit contradictory.

"It is not always to think what is outside is better than what you have."

Sounds like he's happy with what he's got.

Wenger must have bonus compensation that is dependent upon footballing income E.g., X% of player transfers + gate receipts - wages or something similar.

Another hilarious press conference from Wenger just now on SSN. Seriously think this man is "damaged".

I wonder if they would have secured any of their targets had they signed Baldini?

I rarely comment on what they're not doing, but I cannot BELIEVE they did not snap up Capoue. WTF were they thinking? If EVER they needed a player like that, it is now. And further, WTF were they thinking with regards to Soldado? Unbelievable. I have to say, our business this summer looks like theirs of 10 years ago...and they didn't go for Lloris either? Something's going on at that club...it doesn't make sense, any of it...

I hate him so much but he deserves a =D> because that is actually funny!

I'm sure I read that Wenger is somehow financially involved at the Goons, so in a way it is HIS money (in part) that he is not spending.

They obviously have no goal but to win 4th spot each year, why would they have sold RVP with such little bluster to their biggest title rivals?

Another hilarious press conference from Wenger just now on SSN. Seriously think this man is "damaged".

Just seen it now on SSN.Thought the guy was going to implode at one point.

If we sign Lamela, Willian and Contreao, I'm sure that Wenger would still think that no club had been busy in the transfer window.

Back