• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Don't forget where they were in April. Bottlers!

9xae2bkkjfw21.jpg

Nothing is done yet.

We need to avoid losing by more than 2-3 goals against Everton, and we need to be wary of Arse scoring 5 or more against Burnley.

You tell me that's not possible, I point you to the final day 5-1 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine - we are *very* capable of doing that.

Only thing is, Arse might not be, but I'm not willing to be comfortable with that just yet.

Looking online the final is wednesday 29th of May so no reason for them to rest players at burnley.

It also says it kicks off at midday but that cannot be right surely.

Also lets not assume they will make the final.

Think it may be right local time

It is in Outer Mongolia or somewhere like that

It’s hard to see them putting in a shift against Burnley unless they are out of Europa as players would either be rested to protect them from injury or won’t be willing to risk missing the final themselves. Champagne on ice though as it’s the impact on the finances and current squad that is the most important gain and that is not confirmed until they are out of Europa.

It’s hard to see them putting in a shift against Burnley unless they are out of Europa as players would either be rested to protect them from injury or won’t be willing to risk missing the final themselves. Champagne on ice though as it’s the impact on the finances and current squad that is the most important gain and that is not confirmed until they are out of Europa.

Lost me there???

You mean if they win it

Won’t matter as we will be in the CL anyway

They do okay this Thursday in Europa again, away

Nothing is done yet.

We need to avoid losing by more than 2-3 goals against Everton, and we need to be wary of Arse scoring 5 or more against Burnley.

You tell me that's not possible, I point you to the final day 5-1 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine - we are *very* capable of doing that.

Only thing is, Arse might not be, but I'm not willing to be comfortable with that just yet.

Given our history, no true Spurs fan will be counting their chickens. However, we are allowed to take some comfort from the differences from May 2016 - We were away and they were at home then, this time the reverse. We were not playing to guarantee UCL qualification, the difference was between 2nd or 3rd. Their away form is miserable and Burnley are a consistently obdurate side at home. And both Chelsea and Arsenal play on Thursday. Ultimately, if we mess this up, the players should be fined a years wages!

Given our history, no true Spurs fan will be counting their chickens. However, we are allowed to take some comfort from the differences from May 2016 - We were away and they were at home then, this time the reverse. We were not playing to guarantee UCL qualification, the difference was between 2nd or 3rd. There away form is miserable and Burnley are a consistently obdurate side at home. And both Chelsea and Arsenal play on Thursday. Ultimately, if we mess this up, the players should be fined a year's wages!

It was the same. All we needed to do was draw Saudi Sportswashing Machine - a relegated team. What happened that day still gives me nightmares... I dont trust certain players in this squad.. no way!

It was the same. All we needed to do was draw Saudi Sportswashing Machine - a relegated team. What happened that day still gives me nightmares... I dont trust certain players in this squad.. no way!
I think that there is a significant difference between the two scenarios. In 2016 the loss did not effect our qualification for the UCl. It was deeply disappointing and inexcusable but ultimately only about our relationship to Arsenal. The players go into next weekend's game knowing that a heavy defeat could lead to missing out on UCL.

I think that there is a significant difference between the two scenarios. In 2016 the loss did not effect our qualification for the UCl. It was deeply disappointing and inexcusable but ultimately only about our relationship to Arsenal. The players go into next weekend's game knowing that a heavy defeat could lead to missing out on UCL.

more pressure makes us more likely to Spurs it up imo

Back