• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Genuine question and not a dig, but why do we keep posting these points based tables?? What do they offer over a regular table that i'm missing?

If it's to try and showcase the real distance between the teams, then it seems frugal given 3pts moves you drastically up rather than moving just one position.
If it's to make us feel good about how far we are visually away from Chelsea and Arsenal right now, then that's a very naive thing to do.
I'm sure we're all educated enough to understand the points difference between teams without the need to spell it out in relative distances? (Then again... :rolleyes::D)

Like i said, not a dig, just wondered what i'm missing with this layout.
It helps you to see at a glance, how big the gaps are between teams. So you can see how hard it is for us to catch Liverpool, you can see how far we are ahead of 5th place which is vital, and as others say you can see groupings if you do the full table.
Obvs you can do the maths with a normal table, but it is more immediate to view it like this.
And yes, you get 3 points for a win but this visualisation enables you to view that more clearly.
Frankly you can say that of almost any chart - "Why not just show a table of figures" - well... that is why people make charts. This is a simple chart view of the table really.

I dont think anyone does that. I just think seeing the gap visualised is a nice way of presenting it. Adds immediate perspective, thats all.
Gives you a good at a glance view of groupings as well. so yes, while we all know 3 points for a win cannot catch you up a 4 point delta, it lets you see any team who are, or could be, starting to break away from their ‘huddle’. Thereby letting you take a longer term picture of what needs to be done - that sort of pictorial/predictive view gets lost in a table of flat statistics.

Liverpool will see their FA Cup exit as a opportunity to focus on the league. We've got a lot of games coming up, fighting on four fronts.

Unlike us, Liverpool can no longer win the quadruple. We’ll have to win the lot now and use the momentum of being involved in all competitions to do so!

Hmm, so Lovren is injured eh?
Not sure if that's good or bad thing...but away to Brighton i wouldn't have thought is a place to be having to do too much shuffling at CB....in fact who would they play: Van Dyck and Fabinho?

Could be even more interesting match than i first thought now...

Palace away in FA Cup Round 4 will be tough but it could have been worse for us. We were among the last 4 teams to be drawn, with Arsenal, ManU and Palace being the rest. Glad we managed to avoid Arsenal or ManU or any of the other top 6 teams in the FA Cup Round 4. But it is annoying we get yet another PL London team in the Cups.

Palace will be the 4th different PL London teams we are facing in the Cups this season after West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea in the Carabao Cup. It is going to be another tough and tense London derby with Palace as our last 6 matches against them finished 1-0, with us winning 5 and losing 1 of them.

Potential banana skin. A cup double, semi’s of the champions league and a top 3 finish would be a fantastic season imo.

Twelve wins from the remaining 16 matches would see us on 84 points, which will hopefully be enough. I'd say getting to the league cup final should be a priority, but we'll just lose to City anyway.

Twelve wins from the remaining 16 matches would see us on 84 points, which will hopefully be enough. I'd say getting to the league cup final should be a priority, but we'll just start Trippier, who will make a costly mistake meaning we lose to City anyway.

This

Back