• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Or it has to be two teams finishing outside the top four winning both the Europa and the CL for Top 4 to not be a CL place?

Both teams have to finish outside.

So man utd win the CL for instance and arsenal the EL and for them to finish 5th and 6th. Then the team finishing 4th would miss out.

Only Arsenal winning the EL for instance and finishing 6th? Then we just have 5 teams again.

We of course have the same option to us.

We really need Arse to lose a few as well.

We have 2 games, City and Liverpool where we not even get a point.

I think Arse are in - none of the top 6 to play and a fixture list full of 'on the beach' oppo. Then us or Utd 4th.

That's why the likelihood of Wolves and Watford resting players vs Utd concerns me. Would really suit us if they beat Barca but I cant see it!

Liverpool now have Fabinho in midfield. They no longer have Can. So their central midfield is stronger, but we can still get a result there. My biggest concern is how poor defensively we have been this season. Can’t afford to make basic mistakes against City or Liverpool if we want to get a result from those matches

Way don’t disagree but I think can was IMO a better attacking threat than Fabinho so that possibly balances out

Fabinho is a really good passer, he switches the play really well in a Carrick or Alonso typre way. Can might have been better in the box but I'd rate Fabinho above him by quite a way.

I think Arse are in - none of the top 6 to play and a fixture list full of 'on the beach' oppo. Then us or Utd 4th.

That's why the likelihood of Wolves and Watford resting players vs Utd concerns me. Would really suit us if they beat Barca but I cant see it!

The only hope is that Arse have to play away for most of those games, and they've struggled away. But yeah, they might finish above us again.

They’ve got some tricky games - Wolves, Leicester, Everton and Watford away are not pushovers. There’s easily potential for six points dropped there to cover our potential losses against Emirates Marketing Project and the Dippers.

They’ve got some tricky games - Wolves, Leicester, Everton and Watford away are not pushovers. There’s easily potential for six points dropped there to cover our potential losses against Emirates Marketing Project and the Dippers.
I agree, their away form is poo and if in those games they have to 'go for it' it plays into Wolves, Leicester's hands and to a lesser extent Watford, Everton, Burnley and besides they are 5 teams that can at least be up for it on the day.

It's not over at all, we have as good a shot as anyone. I think we will know much more when we see the first game after Pool away (unless it's City - sorry I've lost track some), if we win that I'd back us.

agree that its not over yet. but disagree that we have as good a shot as anyone. so back to hoping for the best but expecting the worst - europa mid week games in the new stadium

agree that its not over yet. but disagree that we have as good a shot as anyone. so back to hoping for the best but expecting the worst - europa mid week games in the new stadium

I think mosquito coast was talking about top 4, not the title. That’s the way I read it anyway?

I posted the below in the Eric Dier thread:
If we don't get top 4, it will be partly to do with our management of the squad, and letting recently
returning players play for England.

"QUOTE"

We are stupid.
We have 5 of our guys in the England squad. More than any other club.
That is great.

BUT - What impact does this have on our top 4 chances !!!!

However, we are letting some of our players play for England when we should not.
Some examples:
- Alli: Missed 7 games in a row and played 81 mins against Southampton. IS HE READY FOR ENGLAND
- Dier: Missed 11 games. In the middle of this he played 11 mins and 1 min in 2 other games. He has just
back and played 90 mins against Southampton.
WHY did we let them go. !!

Compare that with ManU;
- Rashford: Played all the games from gameweek 7 except 1. He pulled out
- Shaw: Played the last 7 games . He also pulled out.

Chel$ki and Arse don't have any English players

All these are our direct competitors for a top 4 position.

In addition, we have Hugo, Jan, Toby, Son and maybe others involved in the Internationals.

MADNESS.

"UNQUOTE"

Yep, I don’t think players should be eligible for internationals if they have missed a proper game through injury in the last three months.

I posted the below in the Eric Dier thread:
If we don't get top 4, it will be partly to do with our management of the squad, and letting recently
returning players play for England.

"QUOTE"

We are stupid.
We have 5 of our guys in the England squad. More than any other club.
That is great.

BUT - What impact does this have on our top 4 chances !!!!

However, we are letting some of our players play for England when we should not.
Some examples:
- Alli: Missed 7 games in a row and played 81 mins against Southampton. IS HE READY FOR ENGLAND
- Dier: Missed 11 games. In the middle of this he played 11 mins and 1 min in 2 other games. He has just
back and played 90 mins against Southampton.
WHY did we let them go. !!

Compare that with ManU;
- Rashford: Played all the games from gameweek 7 except 1. He pulled out
- Shaw: Played the last 7 games . He also pulled out.

Chel$ki and Arse don't have any English players

All these are our direct competitors for a top 4 position.

In addition, we have Hugo, Jan, Toby, Son and maybe others involved in the Internationals.

MADNESS.

"UNQUOTE"
Both played last game for us, and aren't injurid. Not letting them go then is not an option, because clubs are obliged to release players for international duty. Not doing that, will lead to massive fines, or even points deduction!

Back