• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Sorry mate but that is rubbish ( imo) when you take into consideration how many injurys we have had to contend with this season( and i know injurys happen but we have had more then i can remember for years), the players who returned late after a busy world cup and not having time to recover then even IF we finish forth then looking at it as a huge setback a over reaction ( imo).
I can't believe you replied!

But I was told on here earlier today by a few posters that we had the better of the luck this season compared to our rivals?!?!

Edit: sorry, dingdong post I know, but the idea that we have somehow been lucky this season is pathetic and deserves ridicule in my view!

Pathetic? We have been as lucky this year as we were unlucky in 2015/6 to have encountered a fluke, once in a lifetime, Leicester team that just had the rub of the green on their side practically every time they played.

Any other season and we would have struggled even to make the Europa with our disastrous form since February. And you don't think it has been a massive stroke of luck that our two main rivals decided to shoot themselves in the foot at exactly the same time???!!!!

I was pleased to see that the title of this thread had been changed. The end of this season has reminded me of nothing so much as The Daily Show coverage of one of the US elections(2000? 2004?) when instead of calling their coverage “Race for the White House” like CNN was, they called it “Cluster fudge to the White House.” That is the way the end of the season has gone for everyone bar City and lfc.

Pathetic? We have been as lucky this year as we were unlucky in 2015/6 to have encountered a fluke, once in a lifetime, Leicester team that just had the rub of the green on their side practically every time they played.

Any other season and we would have struggled even to make the Europa with our disastrous form since February. And you don't think it has been a massive stroke of luck that our two main rivals decided to shoot themselves in the foot at exactly the same time???!!!!
Wow, you also really think we’ve had more luck than our rivals this year?

They’ve had more injuries than us? More players than us in the last weekend of the World Cup so no preseason? They’ve played 75/80% of their home games away from Home?

I don’t get this idea that our rivals losing the same time as us is lucky for us but not for them!?

I would agree we'd have been lucky, if all those results for our opponents were unlucky flukes for them - but none of them have been. Arse*al nearly lost to Brighton, had only Gross put away his massive, massive chance at the end we would've been mathematically in the CL already. United have been brick ever since their grace period with Ole at the wheel (how good does it feel now?) - and do you remember how lucky they were to win against us? We bombarded them. Chelsea have been brick too.

We haven't been lucky at all, in my opinion, no post and out, last minute goals chalked off for offside etc (like Leicester had every other game when they won the title). Teams around us have been brick, but I can't see how that can somehow be tied to us being lucky. That just doesn't compute, in my opinion. It's like saying someone's lucky to get a job although they were the best applicant, because no better applicant applied for the job.

So I guess Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project got lucky that we have had so many detrimental factors to deal with this season....

Exactly. City are lucky that Kompany scored that blinder last night, he usually doesn't do that. They're lucky they got bought by a billionaire a few years ago. They're lucky to have Pep. Etc. Liverpool are lucky that Klopp was available when he was, they're lucky he's doing well, they're lucky to have Salah, and they're lucky that all the other teams are brick etc.

That's not luck. They are brick.
Look at that Arsenal team apart the front two. Most of them wouldn't get into the Leicester team.

Our performances since February have been fine, apart from the West Ham game where everyone was thinking about Ajax second half.

Back