• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

I don't think any major club was particularly interested, despite what the daily updates from his agent told us.

Apparently set to earn more than £400k a week. :eek:
How can they even afford these wages? And if they have that kind of money, why not try to buy a European team in one of the top 5 leagues? And more importantly, why did we get only £10m for Paulinho?:mad:

How can they even afford these wages? And if they have that kind of money, why not try to buy a European team in one of the top 5 leagues? And more importantly, why did we get only £10m for Paulinho?:mad:
I think it will only be a matter of time before a top team is owned by a Chinese individual/conglomerate.... In fact it wouldn't surprise me to see the Canning Town Bingo and Social Club under Chinese ownership within the next few years.

What sort of midfielder is he?

Potentially an outstanding player who can play anywhere in midfield

Reminds me of Alli actually in that the few occasions I've seen him he is playing everywhere

I'd say he is more attacking than anything else

But I've only seen him 4 times maybe

Reminds me of Alli actually in that the few occasions I've seen him he is playing everywhere

Thanks. Would make a lot of sense if we went out now and tried to get deals done for the summer. We're sitting pretty in the league so it might appear a foregone conclusion that we'll have CL football next year so we should be attractive for players. Other clubs (Man C, Cheatski) are in a state of flux with new managers not yet in whilst Man U might have a different manager as well; additionally, Cheatski and ManU might not have CL football, even if they do have deep pockets.

I cant think when there's been a better time for us to try to sign some decent young players like this chap or Batshuiyi, or any other Belgians (or Dutchmen)

Thanks. Would make a lot of sense if we went out now and tried to get deals done for the summer. We're sitting pretty in the league so it might appear a foregone conclusion that we'll have CL football next year so we should be attractive for players. Other clubs (Man C, Cheatski) are in a state of flux with new managers not yet in whilst Man U might have a different manager as well; additionally, Cheatski and ManU might not have CL football, even if they do have deep pockets.

I cant think when there's been a better time for us to try to sign some decent young players like this chap or Batshuiyi, or any other Belgians (or Dutchmen)

I've thought for some time that Tielmans would be one that was out of our reach...

Perhaps, just perhaps, with our current reputation for developing young players, with us being a viable title challenger in February, with our new stadium, with Pochettino... Maybe, just maybe it's doable.

Would be one hell of a signing.

I've thought for some time that Tielmans would be one that was out of our reach...

Perhaps, just perhaps, with our current reputation for developing young players, with us being a viable title challenger in February, with our new stadium, with Pochettino... Maybe, just maybe it's doable.

Would be one hell of a signing.

If we signed Tielemans, who would he likely be competing with for a first team place?
Also, whose squad place would be most at risk from him coming in?

I'd be interested to see if before the start of the summer window we are linked with any young players who can compete with Eric Dier (i.e. can play the more defensive CM role or a CM who can play in CB if necessary)

Decent players who will be at the Euros may prefer to hold out until after then and see if a decent performances brings bigger offers to the table. I agree in principle though.

If we signed Tielemans, who would he likely be competing with for a first team place?
Also, whose squad place would be most at risk from him coming in?

Attacking midfield and the more box to box of the two deeper central midfielders I would guess... So Alli and Dembele out of those currently first choice. Just 18 though...

Decent players who will be at the Euros may prefer to hold out until after then and see if a decent performances brings bigger offers to the table. I agree in principle though.

I'm not sure Tielmans would be at the Euros...

Back