• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

CL doesn't attract players. CL salaries do. The payrises we've offered is probably why we've kept Kane, Dier and Alli etc.

Very few teams could afford Kane, Dier, Alli etc - complete non point. We've still more or less stood still whilst others above and below us have strengthened. I dont understand why we've let both Bentalbe and Mason leave. We should be building up teh squad ahead of a CL season, not crossing our fingers than Dembele doesnt get injrued

Very few teams could afford Kane, Dier, Alli etc - complete non point. We've still more or less stood still whilst others above and below us have strengthened. I dont understand why we've let both Bentalbe and Mason leave. We should be building up teh squad ahead of a CL season, not crossing our fingers than Dembele doesnt get injrued
We all know what is going to happen in this stupid internationally friendly break now, don't we?

This completely. I have long lost that sensation where I need us to buy players every year for no real improvement. So I was happy with Just Wanyama and Janssen to a certain degree. But selling our back up players makes no sense at all to me.

The TV deal has just come in. But we are cutting our squad to the bare minimum. I just dont understand letting Mason and Benteleb go. They can both cover for Dembele but they have been allowed to leave. I also wanted to see Pritchard given a chance and he has been let go also. Its like we just play our youth a bit to add some value and then sell them.

Last season our weakness at times was the ability to change games from the bench.

We have addressed that by selling a number of those bench options (which will be replaced by a mix of new players and kids as an alternative).

Now it just depends whether Poch has made the right call.

From what Roy said, I don't think we wanted Mason to leave - he forced it.

I guess it's why Carroll is still here, because we hadn't planned to be without Mason.

From what Roy said, I don't think we wanted Mason to leave - he forced it.

I guess it's why Carroll is still here, because we hadn't planned to be without Mason.

Even if he did force it, we have known about it for a while and still look like going into next year crossing our fingers on injuries in CM. Having to rely on Tom Carroll is consistent with competing in the PL and having a run in the CL. Sorry, but he's way short. Winks has potential but is still a kid

Even if he did force it, we have known about it for a while and still look like going into next year crossing our fingers on injuries in CM. Having to rely on Tom Carroll is consistent with competing in the PL and having a run in the CL. Sorry, but he's way short. Winks has potential but is still a kid

Winks is a wonderful young talent.

He will shine when he comes in.

No point going on about this kid thing when half our team were kids when given their chance with us.

Winks is a wonderful young talent.

He will shine when he comes in.

No point going on about this kid thing when half our team were kids when given their chance with us.

I agree with you on Winks, the lack of CM cover doesnt bother me, i was hopeful of more wide attacking players of QUALITY and pace to pressure Eriksen, Lamela etc

BREAKING NEWS

It looks like Jack Wheelchair has made his decision.

Sky sources understand the Arsenal midfielder is currently travelling to Bournemouth to complete a season-long loan having rejected Roma, AC Milan, and Crystal Palace.

#Ambition.

I think every year under Poch people have said that we haven't strengthened enough, and they are kind of missing the point of what he does. It's about team unity and cohesion. We wasted most of the Bale money because we thought the key to success was signing a bunch of players for money and thinking they would gel. We have had more success by signing the right sort of players that fill gaps and suit the system, and providing opportunities for youth players that will give their all.

Space has been created for Onamah, Edwards and Winks because Poch clearly rates them. They have been training with the first team for a while now and he knows what he's getting. He didn't think Pritchard, N'Jie, Chadli, Mason were adding anything they couldn't.

I must say I've really come round to the idea of Sissoko because we need more direct options than just N'Koudou, and I will also say I think we should be giving opportunities to the young players in the Dembele spot if he is out rather than playing a Wanyama/Dier pivot. But I think we've done really well every window under Poch. It's so refreshing to see holes in our squad be addressed early on. It's so refreshing to sign a player and know that he has the attributes to fit our system. It's great to see young players step up when given the chance and proving transfer fees aren't everything. We should trust Poch.

I think every year under Poch people have said that we haven't strengthened enough, and they are kind of missing the point of what he does. It's about team unity and cohesion. We wasted most of the Bale money because we thought the key to success was signing a bunch of players for money and thinking they would gel. We have had more success by signing the right sort of players that fill gaps and suit the system, and providing opportunities for youth players that will give their all.

Space has been created for Onamah, Edwards and Winks because Poch clearly rates them. They have been training with the first team for a while now and he knows what he's getting. He didn't think Pritchard, N'Jie, Chadli, Mason were adding anything they couldn't.

I must say I've really come round to the idea of Sissoko because we need more direct options than just N'Koudou, and I will also say I think we should be giving opportunities to the young players in the Dembele spot if he is out rather than playing a Wanyama/Dier pivot. But I think we've done really well every window under Poch. It's so refreshing to see holes in our squad be addressed early on. It's so refreshing to sign a player and know that he has the attributes to fit our system. It's great to see young players step up when given the chance and proving transfer fees aren't everything. We should trust Poch.

Agree with 95% of that. But why do we need direct options, especially from midfield, when we don't play on the break?

I think this season is all about Winks being this year's breakout player, like Dier and Alli were 12 months ago.

BREAKING NEWS

It looks like Jack Wheelchair has made his decision.

Sky sources understand the Arsenal midfielder is currently travelling to Bournemouth to complete a season-long loan having rejected Roma, AC Milan, and Crystal Palace.

#Ambition.

Fallen from his loud mouth status ... I bet when we play Bournemouth he will chime in with the big up arsenal phalanx ... in advance shut you clap Jack you have found your level and excelled as a wheelchair leader

Chelsea have signed Fiorentina left-back Marcos Alonso for a reported £23m.

The 25-year-old uncapped Spaniard moves to the Premier League for the third time in his career.

He played for Bolton 46 times from 2010 to 2013 before moving to Fiorentina and had a loan spell at Sunderland a year later.

Cesar Azpilicueta is the first-choice left-back at Chelsea, who have loaned Baba Rahman to Schalke this summer.

Alonso has looked good when I've seen Fiorentina, not 23 million quid good but Cheatski will always pay over the odds.

Back