• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

OMG talk about clutching at straws.

Levy out! We are all doomed!

The lad Coric for what ever reason did not fancy us, nothing more nothing less.

Not even. He didn't fancy pool apparently. :rolleyes:

"I am happy such big clubs want me, but I want to play with my favourite team in the Champions League,"

"It was up to me to decide, all I needed to do was a medical, but I want to stay at Dinamo, where I can give a lot more."

Spurs a bit like the geezer on the pull, who starts with the fit birds, but by the end of the night, he's trying anyone.

Poch will have to recruit from within. Squad players will have step up: Son, Nkoudou, Wanyana. Not all bad, a tight focused squad. One more signing was more of a mental thing for us I think - boost the side, feel as though reinforced, but it seems we're priced out of any options still available.

Last edited:
Shinji Kagawa has gone to Stoke.

Looked a decent player before Moyes ruined him and would have been good cover for Eriksen.

With him to rotate with that Arnautovic-Bojan-Shaqiri trio who will now be supplying Bony, they'll potentially be devastating going forward this season...

Looked a decent player before Moyes ruined him and would have been good cover for Eriksen.

With him to rotate with that Arnautovic-Bojan-Shaqiri trio who will now be supplying Bony, they'll potentially be devastating going forward this season...

...and guess who they're playing next...:eek:

Yep, a number of the smaller teams have improved this summer; our first team is unchagned but have added cover in two positions, lost cover in one. Feels like we've stood still

Yep, a number of the smaller teams have improved this summer; our first team is unchagned but have added cover in two positions, lost cover in one. Feels like we've stood still

Big prices don't = good players.

I'm not envious of the business anyone else has done really. Lots of overprice crap

Another example of transfer fees going crazy - Sunderland signing Didier Ndong for £13m. Anyone heard of him before?

Is that true? Can't find anything about it through Bing/Google. That would be a very surprising move. Kagawa is a starter for Dortmund (for now until Reus and Gotze are back). He is a very technically gifted player and Stoke seems like a big downgrade.

Big prices don't = good players.

I'm not envious of the business anyone else has done really. Lots of overprice crap

Some is over-priced crap I agree. But ignoring everyone else, we're only very marginally stronger than last season despite having the CL to use as a carrot to attract players. I know we're building a stadium but it still feels as though we've missed an opportunity and lost ground to others

We missed out once before when we had CL football to really kick on. It seems very much like Groundhog day.

Yes, usually lack of CL is the reason given why we cant attract players. And Levy has always said that the stadium won't impact our ability to sign players. If you believe that, it means its not that we can't sign better players, its that we are chosing not to pay those prices/wages

Some is over-priced crap I agree. But ignoring everyone else, we're only very marginally stronger than last season despite having the CL to use as a carrot to attract players. I know we're building a stadium but it still feels as though we've missed an opportunity and lost ground to others

CL doesn't attract players. CL salaries do. The payrises we've offered is probably why we've kept Kane, Dier and Alli etc.

Back