• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Spurs In The 90s

Cheers @Daisuk. I had that Saudi Sportswashing Machine game down as my second choice low point, if someone else had picked Köln

I remember going to the library to check how we'd done (it was before I had gotten internet at home, but I could use the internet in the library), and saw that we had lost 8-0 to Köln, and I just couldn't fudging believe it. I remember that I there and then decided that that had not happened, and I was never going to mention it for any of my friends (who wouldn't have caught it anyway). And it sort of died away, and it got to the point where I thought it was all a bad dream, but then I looked it up a few years later and saw that it had indeed happened. fudging surreal stuff. In an official match!

I remember going to the library to check how we'd done (it was before I had gotten internet at home, but I could use the internet in the library), and saw that we had lost 8-0 to Köln, and I just couldn't fudging believe it. I remember that I there and then decided that that had not happened, and I was never going to mention it for any of my friends (who wouldn't have caught it anyway). And it sort of died away, and it got to the point where I thought it was all a bad dream, but then I looked it up a few years later and saw that it had indeed happened. fudging surreal stuff. In an official match!

It's still our record defeat.

That made me think of this game. FFS Spurs you chumps.

Stunningly Tottenham were undone by two injury-time goals in the space of 120 seconds in the Fritz Walter Stadium last night to put to ruin what until then had been a performance of much valour.
George Graham's team had seen out the 90 minutes, their crossbar struck and Ian Walker producing two impressive saves, when Kaiserslautern came at them again, devastatingly this time through Youri Djorkaeff who had been consistently the German catalyst on the night.
The tricky Frenchman twice ran at the Tottenham rearguard and brought about a collapse on each occasion

Seriously Spurs? Losing 2 goals in the 89th and 90th minute to go out of Europe?
Steve Carr played them onside for the first goal. Whilst moaning at everyone else.
Then neatly finished their second goal for them. tacot.

Edit. Just look at Judas diving in but failing to take ball or man in the last second, then charging back and failing to cut out the cross. Fccker.

And Gooner George Graham for leaving out Ginola. Idiot.

Ah, I remember that so well as well. It was like one of the games I've looked the most forward to, our first fudging Euro tie for ages, and we fudge it up like that. I couldn't stomach it. What a time to start following Spurs ffs, no wonder I've been struggling with anxieties and depression in life. :p

That made me think of this game. FFS Spurs you chumps.

Stunningly Tottenham were undone by two injury-time goals in the space of 120 seconds in the Fritz Walter Stadium last night to put to ruin what until then had been a performance of much valour.
George Graham's team had seen out the 90 minutes, their crossbar struck and Ian Walker producing two impressive saves, when Kaiserslautern came at them again, devastatingly this time through Youri Djorkaeff who had been consistently the German catalyst on the night.
The tricky Frenchman twice ran at the Tottenham rearguard and brought about a collapse on each occasion

Seriously Spurs? Losing 2 goals in the 89th and 90th minute to go out of Europe?
Steve Carr played them onside for the first goal. Whilst moaning at everyone else.
Then neatly finished their second goal for them. tacot.

Edit. Just look at Judas diving in but failing to take ball or man in the last second, then charging back and failing to cut out the cross. Fccker.

And Gooner George Graham for leaving out Ginola. Idiot.

I was there and have a belting couple of stories from that night, which I will save for aural pleasure. One thing...when Djorkaeff hit the bar around the 70th minute, it lit up a stadium that was silenced by us and our traveling support. It was like a switch being flicked on.

An actual highlight for me during the 90s, and it's an odd one! We were brick, as usual, but traveled to first placed Blackburn ready to get spanked - but a great effort and goals from Berti, Fox and Armstrong won us the game 3-0 at Ewood Park. I loved that and celebrated by running around the neighborhood with a Spurs flag like we'd won the cup. :p

This NLD as well, I remember it fondly:

Hard to tell at such low resolution.
But the marking from Donkey Adams for Teddy's header is laughable.
As is Steve Bould's lunge at Chris Amrstrong, totally selling himself.
These guys were supposed to be such greats, but those 2 attempts were laughable.

An actual highlight for me during the 90s, and it's an odd one! We were brick, as usual, but traveled to first placed Blackburn ready to get spanked - but a great effort and goals from Berti, Fox and Armstrong won us the game 3-0 at Ewood Park. I loved that and celebrated by running around the neighborhood with a Spurs flag like we'd won the cup. :p

This NLD as well, I remember it fondly:

Yes, I enjoyed that one, Park Lane upper near the divide. I engaged in plenty of sign language.

Fond memories of that NLD. I was in South Lower and can still see Armstrong’s winner coming directly at me, knew it was in as soon as he hit it. Also remember going all out for the last flight to Belfast from Heathrow. I had to run down the High Road, run between trains and through the terminal, got on the plane and they closed the door behind me. Couldn’t do that now! :D

I remember watching the highlights of that, probably on Sportsnight, especially the third goal. Although the superb hit-yourself-in-the-face assist had been lost to the mists of time, until now.

https://www.premierleague.com/match/2039

I reckon it's some Dean Austin magic. Looks like a number 2 on the back of his shirt (so to speak).

Then again with the Sub-standard Definition which it appears UK television used to broadcast in, and probably still does in Sunderland, it could be anything.

Oh yeah, looks like Austin!

I'm just spamming at this point, but I remember well how much I bragged on Monday at school after this one. I somehow thought we had found our form and was going to kick on, haha.

Football has come a long way since then. Jesus. :p

Edit - nevermind, this was actually in 2000! Goddamn. Oh well, we were still brick!

Last edited:
Back