• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Podcast Episode 1

I'd echo a few common themes mentioned in thread

- Good luck and hope the best for you guys
- I'd expect audio/production stuff is teething, you will get better in time.

The big thing for me is, take a deep breath and really think about the tone, it's so easy to get negative but that either becomes a bitch session or almost a parody (think ScumTV), not saying you are there but it's an easy trap and it's lazy.

I've pretty much stopped listening to all Spurs podcasts because it's so predictable after a poor result (sometimes even draws), Jose/negative tactics/need a creative midfielder, this week's "spacegoat" (Sanchez, Aurier, Dier, Doherty, Winks, etc)

I'd echo a few common themes mentioned in thread

- Good luck and hope the best for you guys
- I'd expect audio/production stuff is teething, you will get better in time.

The big thing for me is, take a deep breath and really think about the tone, it's so easy to get negative but that either becomes a bitch session or almost a parody (think ScumTV), not saying you are there but it's an easy trap and it's lazy.

I've pretty much stopped listening to all Spurs podcasts because it's so predictable after a poor result (sometimes even draws), Jose/negative tactics/need a creative midfielder, this week's "spacegoat" (Sanchez, Aurier, Dier, Doherty, Winks, etc)
This weeks is more positive than a party at Tony Robbins house. With a bouncy castle.

Nothing like whipping some underdogs to get the blood pumping.

This weeks is more positive than a party at Tony Robbins house. With a bouncy castle.

Nothing like whipping some underdogs to get the blood pumping.

The only thing worse than a really negative podcast is a really positive one where everything's 'triffic. Get a resident contrarian (in the Eamon Dunphy mould ) and a resident optimist (think Jamie Redknapp with brains).

This is Eamon Dunphy, for the uninitiated, talking about Roy Keane:

Last edited:
Oooh, I didn't see this until now! But ... why don't you present everyone at the beginning? I'm listening to "Amal", I think, but who is Amal? :p

I think, for me, this would be worth listening to if I knew who on the board I was listening to - I wouldn't be that interested if it's just 5 "random" guys talking about Spurs, as there are a ton of Spurs podcasts out there already. That would be a great way to get drawn into it for me, anyway.

Last edited:
Oooh, I didn't see this until now! But ... why don't you present everyone at the beginning? I'm listening to "Amal", I think, but who is Amal? :p

I think, for me, this would be worth listening to if I knew who on the board I was listening to - I wouldn't be that interested if it's just 5 "random" guys talking about Spurs, as there are a ton of Spurs podcasts out there already. That would be a great way to get drawn into it for me, anyway.
No fear @Daisuk, that's sorted this week.

Back