• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Nuno Gets A Toon Out Of Tottenham

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 16

This week, @milo, @ricky2tricky4city, @GPRD81 and @thfcsteff look back at a very satisfying match against the latest Premiership loadsamonies, look at what the new ownership at Saudi Sportswashing Machine represents, try to figure out how it could be allowed and discuss what the ‘red line’ would be for us with regards to the status of someone/somenation buying our club. You will also learn what we had for breakfast; Gareth is a rebel.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Enjoyed it as usual guys.
Interesting when you said you wouldn't want the Saudi Government to own a club, nor the Qatari Government, nor the British Government, so where do you draw the line?
Would it be OK for the French or Portuguese or Jamaican or Tonga or...?

Enjoyed it as usual guys.
Interesting when you said you wouldn't want the Saudi Government to own a club, nor the Qatari Government, nor the British Government, so where do you draw the line?
Would it be OK for the French or Portuguese or Jamaican or Tonga or...?

I don't think that countries should own clubs. If they have to, then I draw the line at ones where fans of the club could live their lives normally their without the fear of persecution.

Good pod listen as always, interesting points of debate, agree on the ownership thingamy, aside from the human rights issue (which country could be freely absolved that's got money anyway? none come to mind) this should be about the fans but eh EPLas we've seen is a billionaire's playground nowadays. like F1 - it's great PR.

Ndombele played well, 3rd goal was beautiful, Kane gets off the mark all after as you said Doctor Tottenham gave them a shot in the first 3 minutes lol

We need momentum, grab another win in vitesse and then going into a very hard v wet spam ... Nuno and the lads will need to sort this out properly

Cheers @indospurs - I agree on momentum. I would be happy with a second string getting a draw in Vitesse and the same side that started against against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, playing (and smashing) West Ham.

clams and countries. There's the line.
Very good.
What about regions like 'Devon and Cornwall'?
Or Catalunya, or Andorra, or Gibraltar.
What about megacities like Tokyo or Rio?
Don't know what point I'm trying to make really, just thinking aloud as it is so bizarre a country owns a football club.

To be honest the concept of Qatar or UAE or Dubai don't really mean anything to me, they are all mushed together in my mind, a bit like a foreigner might think of Rochdale/Widnes/Wigan etc.

I never, ever think of UAE when I think of City. To be honest I actually think of Qatar.

Owned by rival states Qatar and the UAE, the footballing heavyweights have also found themselves on opposing sides of European football's politics
For regional rivals, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates have a lot in common.

They are small, hydrocarbon-rich, conservative states in the Arabian Peninsula, with close allies in the West and much-maligned human rights records.

But the two have jostled and jousted in the global political arena, disagreeing on regional issues ranging from military conflicts to democratisation and press freedoms. The UAE even went as far as to join a four-year economic blockade of Qatar.

The similar-yet-different Gulf states do agree on one thing though: the power of sport to win friends and influence people.

In 2008, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a senior Abu Dhabi royal and member of the Emirati government, decided to buy the second biggest football team in Manchester, making it one of the richest clubs in the world overnight.

Emirates Marketing Project, Abu Dhabi and the rise of English football's new order
Read More »
Three years later, the Qatari sovereign wealth fund - founded and run by the country’s ruling Al-Thani family - bought French football team Paris Saint-Germain.

Fast forward a decade and both states have poured over a billion dollars into their clubs, making them the most successful teams in England and France.

Back