• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Happy Mondays

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 38

Live and direct from The Game Is About Glory Towers, @thfcsteff, @milo, @AuroRaman and @ricky2tricky4city look back on those sharp dressed men of Tottenham Hotspur's performance earlier tonight at the new Lane, where they gave us all their lovin' with a 5-0 spanking of Everton. We also look back at something which happened over a week ago AND we look forward to Saturday's tea-time classic at Old Trafford. 3-2-1...

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Very good podcast, and I finished it before Spurs had a chance to disappoint.

Btw, my most famous sportsman I ever saw live would be Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto or Pele, who I saw play a couple of times for the NY Cosmos back in the 70s, and I saw Pete Rose play (American Baseball) for the Cincinnati Reds.

Btw, my most famous sportsman I ever saw live would be Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto or Pele, who I saw play a couple of times for the NY Cosmos back in the 70s, and I saw Pete Rose play (American Baseball) for the Cincinnati Reds.

Thanks mate and solid work that!

Yes, another great listen chaps. One point from me - when discussing the Boro match it was interesting in the way you framed the first question @thfcsteff “did fatigue play a part?”, which feels a bit of a leading question. I’d have been interested in the answer to “why do you believe we lost?” ie an open question. Just a thought and overall another really enjoyable listen.

Fingers crossed for Saturday where I’m off to on the back of a mate scoring a ticket through work.

In terms of greatest sportspeople to have seen (that aren’t Messi or Ronaldo), I had the privilege of being at the 200m final in 2012, so there’s Bolt. I’ve also seen Rog at Wimbledon too. Both wonderful occasions, particularly the 200m final. It was an atmosphere unlike any I’ve experienced before where literally everyone is yelling positive thoughts unlike the often febrile atmosphere of a football match.

Yes, another great listen chaps. One point from me - when discussing the Boro match it was interesting in the way you framed the first question @thfcsteff “did fatigue play a part?”, which feels a bit of a leading question. I’d have been interested in the answer to “why do you believe we lost?” ie an open question. Just a thought and overall another really enjoyable listen.

Fingers crossed for Saturday where I’m off to on the back of a mate scoring a ticket through work.

In terms of greatest sportspeople to have seen (that aren’t Messi or Ronaldo), I had the privilege of being at the 200m final in 2012, so there’s Bolt. I’ve also seen Rog at Wimbledon too. Both wonderful occasions, particularly the 200m final. It was an atmosphere unlike any I’ve experienced before where literally everyone is yelling positive thoughts unlike the often febrile atmosphere of a football match.

Great feedback as ever, thanks and enjoy Saturday…yes, we decided against asking the question in that sense as we wanted to avoid the same set of answers as Burnley, thus did set it up with a leading question. In fairness, I’d say our group would’ve all cited tiredness as the main issue anyway.

Here’s hoping we don’t have too many more ‘loss analysis’ to make this season :D

Thanks Dave. As Steff said, we wanted to get away from doing a normal match analysis for a game that was a week old by that point and most of us want to put behind us.

Both fair points and it’s always interesting to understand the thinking that goes into decision-making behind structure. Making a great podcast is a rare skill and the ones that nail it obviously take that care.

As you say, here’s to less loss analysis from now until the season’s end!

Enjoyed it as always, fellas.

George Best playing for Northern Ireland at Windsor Park. I would only have been 8 or 9, but have a vivid memory of him waiting to take kick off on a windy day with his hands hidden up his sleeves.

I think it was in the stage of his career when he may well have been nursing a pre-match hangover.

Enjoyed it as always, fellas.

George Best playing for Northern Ireland at Windsor Park. I would only have been 8 or 9, but have a vivid memory of him waiting to take kick off on a windy day with his hands hidden up his sleeves.

I think it was in the stage of his career when he may well have been nursing a pre-match hangover.
...and hanging out of a pre-match nurse.

Another great pod. Fatigue has definitely played a part in the mixed results in my mind. We have gone from the worst running stats in the league to amongst the highest runners in the league. Coupled with a small squad, thats bound to have an impact

Back