• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Emergency Pod: Nuno's Sacking and Conte's Appointment

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 18

Emergency! Emergency! Tottenham have sacked a manager and are on the verge of appointing another.
@thfcsteff, @milo, @ricky2tricky4city and @GPRD81 stop what they're doing and discuss Nuno's exit, Antonio's impending entrance and Paratici's role in it all...it's fast, it's loose, it's life as a Spurs supporter!

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

I like doing the emergency ones. It's fun pulling together a script/running order for an emerging story. They always get really good download numbers too.

Hi guys. Enjoyed your pod as usual. However, thought you ( especially Steff) were far too kind to Nuno. Yes, he is a nice guy, but his decision making while at Spurs was almost invariably always wrong.

His team selections were bizarre ( playing Dele out of position and playing Arsenal with a vacant midfield). His tactics were rank stupid - couldn’t play through midfield, wouldn’t use wingbacks and always tried to go straight through the middle with no width from anywhere).
His formations didn’t work. 433 was a big mistake, 4231 was better but with our players three at the back with wingbacks was a no brained for me. I suspect Conte will employ that straight away.
His in game management was appalling ( just standing there arms crossed), his motivational abilities patently zero ( how often did we start games so slowly it was painful) and don’t even get me on his use ( or non use ) of substitutes…..
Finally he couldn’t get a tune out of Kane or Son ( which , for all his failings, at least Mourinho could do that) and he alienated half the squad by creating an A and B team division.
Our style of play under him was frankly just dire, it was boring, slow and totally unimaginative. The seats don’t lie- 9 goals in 10 games is simply shameful.
In fact, all in all, I think Nuno was a total disaster.

I am delighted Levy bit the bullet to fire him and now at least we have done hope of a brighter future. Let’s all get behind Conte and hope he can deliver the type of football we all want to see. COYS

Hi guys. Enjoyed your pod as usual. However, thought you ( especially Steff) were far too kind to Nuno. Yes, he is a nice guy, but his decision making while at Spurs was almost invariably always wrong.

His team selections were bizarre ( playing Dele out of position and playing Arsenal with a vacant midfield). His tactics were rank stupid - couldn’t play through midfield, wouldn’t use wingbacks and always tried to go straight through the middle with no width from anywhere).
His formations didn’t work. 433 was a big mistake, 4231 was better but with our players three at the back with wingbacks was a no brained for me. I suspect Conte will employ that straight away.
His in game management was appalling ( just standing there arms crossed), his motivational abilities patently zero ( how often did we start games so slowly it was painful) and don’t even get me on his use ( or non use ) of substitutes…..
Finally he couldn’t get a tune out of Kane or Son ( which , for all his failings, at least Mourinho could do that) and he alienated half the squad by creating an A and B team division.
Our style of play under him was frankly just dire, it was boring, slow and totally unimaginative. The seats don’t lie- 9 goals in 10 games is simply shameful.
In fact, all in all, I think Nuno was a total disaster.

I am delighted Levy bit the bullet to fire him and now at least we have done hope of a brighter future. Let’s all get behind Conte and hope he can deliver the type of football we all want to see. COYS

Yes, it was time for him to go but there were a couple of deeply mitigating circumstances which made it hard from the start...aside from him not being the right man for the job!

One thing we try to do is look beyond the onion layers. I think we'd all agree his tenure was largely poor, but the why's are more interesting.

We on the pod are all very excited by Conte. Thanks for feedback and listening mate...

Yes, it was time for him to go but there were a couple of deeply mitigating circumstances which made it hard from the start...aside from him not being the right man for the job!

One thing we try to do is look beyond the onion layers. I think we'd all agree his tenure was largely poor, but the why's are more interesting.

We on the pod are all very excited by Conte. Thanks for feedback and listening mate...

I agree there were some serious mitigating circumstances and he didn’t have it at all easy. But he brought a lot of the opprobrium on himself by some deeply flawed decision making of his own.

Another good one, fellas - thank you for making some DIY this afternoon pass relatively painlessly.

And, for what it’s worth, I agree on Nuno. He is a good man, and a decent manager, who was never the right pick for us at this time. His leaving is the best thing for him long-term, as well as for us.

he alienated half the squad by creating an A and B team division.
Good post Pirate, when you say it like that, wowzers. The bit I picked out above... keeping all the first team at home and taking the others abroad... several people have called for that, notably AjaxDeSuperYids and perhaps...hmm, was it galeforce... was it you yourself... was it me... my memory fails me
But it definitely had a negative affect on half the players, they didn't buckle up and say "let me show you I deserve to be in the A Team" they thought "oh poo, this is rubbish, what a dead rubber, meh"

Good post Pirate, when you say it like that, wowzers. The bit I picked out above... keeping all the first team at home and taking the others abroad... several people have called for that, notably AjaxDeSuperYids and perhaps...hmm, was it galeforce... was it you yourself... was it me... my memory fails me
But it definitely had a negative affect on half the players, they didn't buckle up and say "let me show you I deserve to be in the A Team" they thought "oh poo, this is rubbish, what a dead rubber, meh"
Very poor attitude on their part, shows why they are nowhere near the first team!

Back