• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Emergency Pod: January Transfer Window

Enjoyed it. :)

I'm happy with the two lads we got in, but have to say I'm quite surprised by our lack of links with right wing backs. Traore and Spence - were we not sniffing around anyone else? I find that a bit weird. You've got to ask what kind of work our scouts really do or if we even have scouts when the two guys we buy are both players Paratici has signed before. It just really baffles me.

Having said that - happy we got to clear out a bit of deadwood.

how about another episode with Simon on Kulusevski? He was quite excited on Twitter when we signed him. :)

I'm happy with the two lads we got in, but have to say I'm quite surprised by our lack of links with right wing backs. Traore and Spence - were we not sniffing around anyone else? I find that a bit weird. You've got to ask what kind of work our scouts really do or if we even have scouts when the two guys we buy are both players Paratici has signed before. It just really baffles me.

how about another episode with Simon on Kulusevski? He was quite excited on Twitter when we signed him. :)
The two we bought might have been from Juve, but they weren’t the only guys we tried to sign - Luis Diaz, Traore….and I’m sure there are others we were looking at - not everything is played out on Twitter.

As for RWBs Lamptey was linked several times, I would imagine he would be the one we really want but Brighton would never sell him in Jan. Whilst Doherty and Royal aren’t the best RWBs you’ll ever see, it’s hardly disastrous using those two until the summer….

Cheers

I think that the incomings were dependent on outgoings. If we'd been able to move on Doherty, a RWB would've come in.

Simon is on next week's episode. Simon and I have been talking excitedly about Kulu since he was first linked late last year. I think that he'll be a great signing and Simon will eulogise about him at length.

I listened to the pod, then listened to Milo's favorite band, Coldplay, and their song, "Let somebody Go", as I read Dele's message of farewell on his insta, Thanks for the memories young man, best of luck for the future! Just not against us, please...

Cheers

I think that the incomings were dependent on outgoings. If we'd been able to move on Doherty, a RWB would've come in.

Simon is on next week's episode. Simon and I have been talking excitedly about Kulu since he was first linked late last year. I think that he'll be a great signing and Simon will eulogise about him at length.

I’M looking forward to hearing Si let loose on this one…it will be a pleasure trying to interrupt him before he literally combusts with joy!!!! Seriously, it will be great to have his perspective as he knows this player better than pretty much all of us, and most certainly me!

By the way, I must publicly further point out that my St.Jude faith in Doherty looks solid. He’s still with us and I am prepared to state that he will have a significant (positive) impact on the rest of our season. Milo isn’t miffed that he’s still here more that he ‘St.Juded’ it to be so by bestowing that moniker ;-) :D

By the way, I must publicly further point out that my St.Jude faith in Doherty looks solid. He’s still with us and I am prepared to state that he will have a significant (positive) impact on the rest of our season. Milo isn’t miffed that he’s still here more that he ‘St.Juded’ it to be so by bestowing that moniker ;-) :D
I bet if he continues to arrive late in the box, he might surprise all and get a goal or two along the way

whatever way that means we win, I'm for it - Forza Conte and #COYS!!

Being the last thing left in the shop at the end of the January sales isn't a sign that you're wanted

The two we bought might have been from Juve, but they weren’t the only guys we tried to sign - Luis Diaz, Traore….and I’m sure there are others we were looking at - not everything is played out on Twitter.

As for RWBs Lamptey was linked several times, I would imagine he would be the one we really want but Brighton would never sell him in Jan. Whilst Doherty and Royal aren’t the best RWBs you’ll ever see, it’s hardly disastrous using those two until the summer….
looking at a couple of clips and they are both about the same height, Bentancur through the middle, Dejan on the right, they both look aggressive and youthful energy with good feet - fingers crossed!

Being the last thing left in the shop at the end of the January sales isn't a sign that you're wanted

:D

You love him really.

I cannot wait for someone to ask Conte why he didn't get Adama and convert him, only for Antonio to say, "I think with Matt we 'ave a player who knows the position and can do a job for the team, so why spend..." or words to that effect.

Even if I dream it, stand by for a claim!:D

Yeah, not unhappy with us signing them, but finding it a bit weird that we don't have a whole slew of players lined up in the positions we need that we're willing to sound out. Then again, we might have, but as you say, not everything goes on Twitter. Usually some journalist somewhere will have heard something though. If I was Paratici, I'd have lists of players in all positions that I'd go through one by one and look at the possibility to get in. Traore and Lamptey don't need that sort of work, everyone and their grandma know who they are. But good teams pick up raw talent all the time - we just seem very bad at it. :p

looking at a couple of clips and they are both about the same height, Bentancur through the middle, Dejan on the right, they both look aggressive and youthful energy with good feet - fingers crossed!
I think the good feet is such an important thing for us. So few of our players look good at manipulating the ball in tight spaces and, for my money, this is part of what separates us from the top teams. Just look at City, Pool and Chelsea, they can all ping it around and keep the ball for fun.

Last edited:
Back