• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Chill Out

milo

Jack L. Jones
Chill Out
Season 2 Episode 44

This week, @thfcsteff, @GPRD81 and @milo explain why we should all keep calm despite the Brighton defeat, investigate the potential root of Milo’s G-Spot whilst we all get lost in society and thus discuss who from the current squad would make a good manager. All this AND we unveil the greatest ambient recording of all-time. Prepare to have your perceptions altered…

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Great stuff as always!

I agree that blaming the poor performance on the Dele birthday celebration or the Kane golf trip as an excuse is silly at best, but then it did seem like the three of you used the midday kick off as a bit of a justification / reason behind the lethargy. Maybe I missed the point, but it didn’t seem to affect Brighton, is it something you’d say we as a squad specifically struggle with?

Great stuff as always!

I agree that blaming the poor performance on the Dele birthday celebration or the Kane golf trip as an excuse is silly at best, but then it did seem like the three of you used the midday kick off as a bit of a justification / reason behind the lethargy. Maybe I missed the point, but it didn’t seem to affect Brighton, is it something you’d say we as a squad specifically struggle with?
I’ll echo those thoughts!

Great analogy @GPRD81 re: the 2014-15 season that had ‘growing pains’ like we’re seeing here. I burst out laughing hearing the chat about ‘not losing if you can’t win’. Literally the macaron behind me in the South Stand affirmed at 85 mins ‘I’d rather lose than take a point!’. What an absolute cretin who doomed us to defeat!

Great shout re: Jan being a top coach / manager @milo - I wholeheartedly concur here and remember that Poch comment about him.

And lastly, and most importantly, I’m so sorry for your loss @thfcsteff. Losing a parent can be very, well, brick. Thoughts to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

Great stuff as always!

Cheers

I think that we were saying that the early kick offs are always brick games, rather than using it as an excuse for our performance but I do think that brick games can be a bit of a leveller. I put the loss down to smart tactics by Potter and our creative players all having an off day.

Great analogy @GPRD81 re: the 2014-15 season that had ‘growing pains’ like we’re seeing here. I burst out laughing hearing the chat about ‘not losing if you can’t win’. Literally the macaron behind me in the South Stand affirmed at 85 mins ‘I’d rather lose than take a point!’. What an absolute cretin who doomed us to defeat!

Great shout re: Jan being a top coach / manager @milo - I wholeheartedly concur here and remember that Poch comment about him.

And lastly, and most importantly, I’m so sorry for your loss @thfcsteff. Losing a parent can be very, well, brick. Thoughts to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

Cheers Dave

Cheers

I think that we were saying that the early kick offs are always brick games, rather than using it as an excuse for our performance but I do think that brick games can be a bit of a leveller. I put the loss down to smart tactics by Potter and our creative players all having an off day.

That’s interesting, not intentionally trying not to understand but how an early kick off would feasibly have an impact on the quality of a game? Agree with the two points you mentioned for our loss, I wasn’t outraged or surprised after the match.

I think the early kick offs act as a bit of a leveller which from a competitive point of view is maybe a good thing for the league.

In the last 9 Sat 12:30 KO's this season there have been 16 goals (we scored 4 of those at Leeds) which is 1.77 goals per game. The league average this season is 2.79 goals per game.

That’s interesting, not intentionally trying not to understand but how an early kick off would feasibly have an impact on the quality of a game? Agree with the two points you mentioned for our loss, I wasn’t outraged or surprised after the match.

I have heard it suggested before that early games can be affected by the body clock being slightly out but I wouldn't pretend to know enough about it to have any firm opinions on it.

Thanks Dave, both gone now and yes, bricky but onwards eh?! COYS!

Thanks mate...interested if you got to checking The KLF Chill Out out?

I’ve been obsessing over all things KLF for a while, Steff. Been enjoying the Chill Out album, thanks (and revisiting the hits); read the brilliant book by John Higgs (definitely in the top 3 of music biographies I’ve read); and watched the excellent documentary released a couple of weeks ago. Drummond and Cauty are geniuses.

I’ve been obsessing over all things KLF for a while, Steff. Been enjoying the Chill Out album, thanks (and revisiting the hits); read the brilliant book by John Higgs (definitely in the top 3 of music biographies I’ve read); and watched the excellent documentary released a couple of weeks ago. Drummond and Cauty are geniuses.

Excellent!
That Higgs book is good, yes.
Cannot wait to see the doc...

Back