• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - A Glitch In The Matrix

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 35

This week @thfcsteff, @milo, @AuroRaman and @ricky2tricky4city reveal the truth behind Spurs alarming home stand slump against Southampton and Wolves. The Matrix has a glitch. The 7 years olds in control need to stop squabbling every few minutes. James Brown needs to stop dragging out his encores and every Spurs supporter needs to stop worrying because none of this is real. So, for the TRUTH, as seen via an existential Tottenham lens, tune in right now.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Great pod as usual guys.

Totally agree with your thoughts on our boo boys at the Lane and their possible influence on our players. One thing to always bear in mind here, though, is that we pay the highest prices in the league (by extension, the world?) to watch this crap, so expectations are understandably pretty high and frustration is somewhat inevitable when we get consistently outplayed by mid-table teams.

Great pod as usual guys.

Totally agree with your thoughts on our boo boys at the Lane and their possible influence on our players. One thing to always bear in mind here, though, is that we pay the highest prices in the league (by extension, the world?) to watch this crap, so expectations are understandably pretty high and frustration is somewhat inevitable when we get consistently outplayed by mid-table teams.

Thanks mate.

I hear you (especially having been among the spenders last week) but watching football live has never -IMO- been about the direct tangible value you do or don't get for your ticket cost. If that were case, we'd have all stopped going a long time ago. Thus I think given the nature behind such an endless transaction, we'd be better off digging deep and supporting. But I ł do totally get your point.

Well done guys.
I don't think ticket prices is a factor in booing - I genuinely think if you put the same 50,000 people in the stadium having charged them all £10 a ticket the reaction would have been the same. It's not totally unique to Tottenham as a fanbase but there is an element of entitlement. I remember back when I had a season ticket in West Upper it was like sitting with Waldorf and Statler - its as if some of them wanted to things to go wrong so they could moan - i know thats one step removed from booing.

I wonder if the bigger issue is that many of our fans are wealthy and so have a certain expectation that they will receive a higher quality 'product' - its actually the opposite of the assumed position of "I've given up half my monthly salary to watch this crap' in the same way if you can afford a Michelin restaurant you have a much higher expectation of what you get.

I think its a combination of malaise with the current owners, being on a downward trajectory for several years, now being in the shiny new stadium (the excitement of which has now worn of) and expecting a certain brand of football to go with it (is that entitlement?!). And the pretty ropey performances!

Enjoyed this one gents, nice to get a reasoned and non hysterical view on what was a brick week for us so it’d have been easy to rant and rave..

It’s not a biggie but do you know it’s listed as an American football podcast on Spotify?

Maybe I’m going to sound overly defensive but I do think you were a tad harsh in throwing Moura in with the general clumsiness of Sanchez + Royal. There is an unpredictability that’s not always going to pan out end product-wise with him sure but as another poster mentioned (can’t remember who) he does seem to get stitched up with hospital passes more often then anyone else imo. It’s the penalty for trying to make himself available perhaps.

Enjoyed this one gents, nice to get a reasoned and non hysterical view on what was a brick week for us so it’d have been easy to rant and rave..

It’s not a biggie but do you know it’s listed as an American football podcast on Spotify?

Maybe I’m going to sound overly defensive but I do think you were a tad harsh in throwing Moura in with the general clumsiness of Sanchez + Royal. There is an unpredictability that’s not always going to pan out end product-wise with him sure but as another poster mentioned (can’t remember who) he does seem to get stitched up with hospital passes more often then anyone else imo. It’s the penalty for trying to make himself available perhaps.

Thanks and that is an interesting take on Moura. Funnily I think the same applies to Winks, so I'm going to spend the Emirates Marketing Project game watching for that angle on his work.

Thanks. I've tried to change the American football tag on Spotify but haven't had any luck.

I think that Moura has a bad first touch and plays with his head down, so isn't a great passer. He's a great ball carrier but his deficiencies, combined with Sanchez and Royal's are causing us problems on the right. The problems on the right are a bit if a multiplier, starting with Sanchez's weakness on the ball and lack of confidence, currently.

I think that we'll look a lot better on the right with Romero moved back to RCB and a 3 man midfield.

Thanks. I've tried to change the American football tag on Spotify but haven't had any luck.

I think that Moura has a bad first touch and plays with his head down, so isn't a great passer. He's a great ball carrier but his deficiencies, combined with Sanchez and Royal's are causing us problems on the right. The problems on the right are a bit if a multiplier, starting with Sanchez's weakness on the ball and lack of confidence, currently.

I think that we'll look a lot better on the right with Romero moved back to RCB and a 3 man midfield.

100%, its definitely a problem area of the pitch for us, and appreciate the calls for Lucas to be dropped in favour of an extra body in midfield. He’s a cracking option to have off the bench, it’s just I hope we won’t miss his work rate and ability to get by players with the ball from the start.

Also (because I tend to overthink things) I hope my post opening “enjoyed this one” doesn’t come across as if there have been eps that I didn’t enjoy, it’s all been top quality in terms of content and sound wise has obviously improved from the start.

100%, its definitely a problem area of the pitch for us, and appreciate the calls for Lucas to be dropped in favour of an extra body in midfield. He’s a cracking option to have off the bench, it’s just I hope we won’t miss his work rate and ability to get by players with the ball from the start.

Also (because I tend to overthink things) I hope my post opening “enjoyed this one” doesn’t come across as if there have been eps that I didn’t enjoy, it’s all been top quality in terms of content and sound wise has obviously improved from the start.

Thanks mate and no, did not come across that way and glad you're enjoying them.

Good stuff as usual.

In an effort that would've put @Mikey10 into a coma, I listened to this back to back with the previous one. Shows, if nothing else, that a week is a very long time in Spursland. You were all so chipper about SCBC and Wolves... :(

:D

I feel like I need to clarify that I always fall asleep at night to a podcast - I do then catch up next day with anything missed though!

Having said that, @milo ‘s voice does have a certain comforting quality… :D

Back