• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Football Games Thread.

Re: 2014 Football manager CHEAP!

Got this the other day, anybody got any tips on players to sign, etc ??

Balanta. Centre half for River Plate.
ter Stegen. Best young goalkeeper in the game.
Halilovic. Wonderkid we tried to sign in real life.
Capezzi. Youngster from Fiorentina.
Roberto Pereyra. Plays for Udinese.
Leandro Paredes. From Boca, hard to get work permit though.

Just a few of my favourites. If you want some good British players, try get Ryan Gould from Dundee, Callum Chambers from Southampton and Will Hughes from Derby as they are the most affordable. The likes of Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Barkley are far too expensive.

Balanta. Centre half for River Plate.
ter Stegen. Best young goalkeeper in the game.
Halilovic. Wonderkid we tried to sign in real life.
Capezzi. Youngster from Fiorentina.
Roberto Pereyra. Plays for Udinese.
Leandro Paredes. From Boca, hard to get work permit though.

Just a few of my favourites. If you want some good British players, try get Ryan Gould from Dundee, Callum Chambers from Southampton and Will Hughes from Derby as they are the most affordable. The likes of Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Barkley are far too expensive.

I got Shaw & Barkley in my 1st season as Spurs, 4 games to go and I was 3rd then lost 3 in a row and now 5th, sounds like us haha, Soldado has got 30 in his 1st season

I got Shaw & Barkley in my 1st season as Spurs, 4 games to go and I was 3rd then lost 3 in a row and now 5th, sounds like us haha, Soldado has got 30 in his 1st season

Really? Southampton wanted £30m for Shaw and Barkley for £25m, I ain't spending that cash early on.

My first season I signed young Mason Bennett from Derby, Callum Chambers from Southampton and that was about it if I remember correctly. Finished 4th. Soldado was so poor in his first year, 2 league goals, but second season he has been much much better.

Tell you what though, Spurs produce some epic youth players in the future.

In 1st season got pipped to 3 & 4th by 1 point and lost in the FA Cup Final

I cant find those players youve said they must come into it later

In 1st season got pipped to 3 & 4th by 1 point and lost in the FA Cup Final

I cant find those players youve said they must come into it later

need large database running. they're in from the start, theyre not regens.

Insigne is a good buy will also go up in price to about £25m after first season.

Fm 2014

Haven't played it for a some years. Tempted to download it. Mentally switch off by playing it obsessively when not doing the family stuff, then hate it, but gain new interest taking Barnet to the CL finals etc. 3 days in I'll genuinely hate it and uninstall...

Question is, is it worth playing now?

It used to be awesome. But have the new versions changed at all and in any good way? Last time I tried a demo the fun seemed to be diluted with bolts ons to try and refresh the game that didn't really add to the experience. I think I'm probably over it to be honest. There was a time it was akin to crack! Play it whenever you had down time - when you first get into it - and think about it the rest of the time. FM software was cited in 35 divorce court proceedings last year! So I guess it still grabs people.

But I need a new distraction, any strategy action /games you'd recommend? I need to be able to put it down, uninstall it, in a week...

Got an untradeable Lucas Podolski in my FUT Christmas gold gift pack. I can't even sell the ****er. Merry Christmas EA Sports

Back